RESEARCH FIELDEngineeringEnvironmental scienceTechnology
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE19/03/2017 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSpain › Zaragoza
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK37,5
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020
We offer a position to work in European projects based on improving the eco-efficiency and competitiveness of process industries (SPIRE sector) together with a dedicated team.
The candidate is expected to have experience developing process monitoring software tools oriented to clients (decission support systems). The main objective is to ensure an appropriate monitoring of KPI designing monitoring systems based on low-cost sensors and taking advantage of the already installed instrumentation in order to minimise the initial inversion.
He/She will be involved in the development of holistic software tools which will be able to support process control decision considering the upstream and downstream of different processes with the aim of optimising the overall energy and environmental performance of intensive energy industries. In addition, the selected candidate will participate in the comprehensive description of the data acquisition and treatment system (ETL) including sample calculations (e.g., parameters to be recorded, frequency of measurement, data averaging time, reporting units, recording process) and sensors deployment.
We offer a permanent position for you to join a high-tech internationally recognized Research Centre in which your talent, passion and expertise will be fostered. Our flexible and modern working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will enable a sustainable society for tomorrow, taking part of a young team, with high development potential in a highly collaborative working environment.
In addition to Excellence, CIRCE’s values are based on Compromise, Integrity, Respect and Persons Development. In this line, CIRCE is committed to employ disabled individuals and encourages them to apply. Furthermore, CIRCE is aiming for a higher proportion of women in technology and science, so we ask qualified female technologists and scientists to apply. Finally, CIRCE supports a family-friendly workspace. Therefore, applicants with children are highly welcome.
Gross Salary: 30.000 - 39.000€
Interested candidates should send by email to Circe (email@example.com)
- Full CV in Europass format and 1 page summary
- Motivation letter (2 pages limit) indicating the motivation, understanding and knowledge on the topic of the position as well as its possible relation with the previous research experience of the candidate. In addition, please, integrate the following information:
- Description of the modelling tools, programming languages and communication protocols you are familiar with.
- Explaination of the sustainability chlallenges you have faced in the sectors addressed by the call.
- Clients you have work for (if confidential, please, indicate their profile).
- A list of the events (e.g. Congress, Workshops for R&D results presentation, Infodays, etc.) you have participated in the last 2 years.
- Indicate if you have represented your entity or research group in any sector related association or forum (e.g. Technology plarform, Congress Committee, Fairs, Exhibitions Standardization bodies, etc.).
- Electronic copy of the three more relevant publications of the candidate (peer reviwed articles, published deliverables, public reports, scientific news, etc.);
- Up to three contacts persons that could act as references if needed.
Please send the email with the topic "[Modelling of industrial emissions]".
Applications will be continuously evaluated upon reception, and phone interviews will be organised with the selected candidates until the position is filled. Writting and speaking tests may be organized either face to face or online. Travel expenses for attending face to face interviews wil be covered if finally organized.
For any additional information, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Required Research Experiences
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE4 - 10
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELEngineering: Bachelor Degree or equivalentComputer science: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESSPANISH: GoodENGLISH: Excellent
- High technical capability, analytical and problem solving of different physics areas to create and implement innovative solutions based on computational statistics methods for modelling environmental problems.
- High autonomy and ability to work independently developing process simulations.
- Experience working with the technical execution and proposal preparation of R&D&i research projects.
- Peer review publications and congress communications is not compulsory but it will be valued.
- To be organized and methodical.
- To have the ability to take initiative, prioritize and work under set deadlines and pressure.
- To be flexible and open to new challenges.
- To be analytical and problem solver.
- To be team player.
- To have the ability to work independently and in a team.
- To have capacity to interact and build strong relations with diverse team members.
- To have good communication skills.
- The candidate must be oriented to the organization objectives.
- At least, 2 years experience working with the technical execution of R&D&i research projects as R&D Engineer or Researcher.
- Experience with web platforms or simplified computer tools oriented to clients.
- Demonstrable experience designing and/or implementing innovative solutions to environmental problems and generate technical tools through industry understanding.
Degree in Computer Engineering, with a specialization or master degree related to Soft Computing and Intelligent System or similar.
EURAXESS offer ID: 182267