Scientia Fellows is a research fellowship programme co-funded by the EU (2019-2024). It aims to enhance research excellence, internationalisation, mobility, career training, networking and cross-sectoral collaboration within health life sciences.
Scientia Fellows II is a continuation of the EU FP7 Scientia Fellows I (2014-2019) programme and has as its goal the stimulation and promotion of the training and career development of experienced researchers (post-PhD) through trans-national mobility to leading research environments in Health Life Sciences.
Scientia Fellows II is committed to support researchers by providing them excellent research environments with opportunities for career development of new - both research and transferable – skills. The programme supports innovation activities and cross-sectoral collaborations. All this contributes to the advancement of researchers’ careers and increases their employability.
- Stimulate and promote the career development of experienced researchers who show considerable promise to be Europe’s future scientific leaders, through a comprehensive programme of trans-national mobility
- Establish a post-doctoral programme consisting of incoming and outgoing fellowships worldwide characterised by scientific excellence in life sciences (translating basic and applied research for human health).
- Provide training designed to maximize the career prospects of the researchers by the development of translational, multidisciplinary research skills along with transferable skills including entrepreneurship, leadership, dissemination and management.
- Support gaining experience in out of the academia research-related environments
- Excellent research environments
- International collaboration and networking
- Cross-sectoral opportunities
- Career advancement
- Good working conditions
- Access to research and transferable skills training
- Access to special career development programmes: the Postdoctoral programme and School of Health Innovation
Who is eligible?
In order to submit an eligible proposal, the applicant and the project proposal must adhere to the three eligibility criteria:
- Experience: You must possess a PhD degree or have at least four years of full-time equivalent research experience since obtaining your university diploma, with reference date being the call deadline. In the latter case, the research experience is measured from the time when the researcher obtained a degree allowing them to embark on a doctorate. This experience must be documented by the employment contracts or equivalent.
- Mobility: Mobility requirements depend on the chosen fellowship scheme. In both cases, in order to be eligible you must not have resided or carried out your main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Norway for more than 12 months in the last 3 years immediately prior to the Call deadline (30 April 2022).
- Complete application: For the technical requirements and mandatory attachments, please read "Guide for applicants".
Note: Be reminded that Applicants may be asked to present proof of the above, such as certificate of residence or other evidence.
Deadline: 30 April 2022.