Grants In Practice event series
Here, students, researchers and administrators can learn directly from experts and current grantees or alumni:
- What types of grants there are and when are the calls?
- What kind of documents and skills are needed for application?
- How can researchers and institutions benefit?
- How does the evaluation process work?
- How to optimize your proposal, how to find hosts, and how things work once you get the grant!
This event series focuses --for now-- on the Marie Sklodowska Curie Actions (MSCA) Individual Fellowships (IF) and European Research Council (ERC) grants.
2018 Event: 4 days of ERC and MSCA IF grant proposal writing workshops in Tokyo and Osaka!
The 2018 edition will take place in Tokyo (9 July MSCA IF, 10 July ERC) and in Osaka (11 July MSCA IF, 12 July ERC). Each day will feature full day training and workshops for students, researchers and research administrators interested in improving their grant writing skills.
2017 Event: full day ERC and MSCA IF workshop with professional trainers
In 2017, the event took place on 14 July 2017 at the Delegation of the EU to Japan in Tokyo. Two professional trainers members of the Horizon 2020 National Contact Point network and specialised in ERC and MSCA grants provided the >100 attendees with all the knowledge and technical know-how necessary to build excellent grant proposals.
2016 Event: JSPS Kakenhi, ERC, MSCA IF and RISE: interaction with grantees
In 2016, the event took place on 25 July. We wish to thank all speakers, and the more than 200 researchers who participated to this content-packed day!
- In the morning, after a quick introduction on the various existing services for European researchers in Japan, you will be able to learn in details from research administration experts and officials from the JSPS, about the JSPS Kakenhi Grants, including the opportunities to use them for internation cooperation projects.
European grantees and alumni, currently active in Japan, will then provide you with personal tips and experience feedback.
Discussion sessions will be organised so as for you to be able to ask questions and share thoughts with the presenters and other attendees
- In the afternoon, after a quick introduction on the various existing services for Japanese researchers interested in EU grants, you will be able to learn in detail, and from experts and officials from Brussels, about the Marie Sklodowska Curie Actions (MSCA) and European Research Council (ERC) Grants.
Grantees and alumni, some from Europe and some already back to Japan, will then provide you with personal tips and experience feedback.
Discussion sessions will be organised so as for you to be able to ask questions and share thoughts with the presenters and other attendees.
Full programme and proceedings available here: Boost Your Career Grants In Practice 2016 Proceedings (1.25 MB)
- Dr. Kuczynski, EU Delegation to Japan | EU-Japan Cooperation in Research (1.05 MB)
- Dr. Py, EURAXESS Japan | Representing Europe's research abroad: European Researchers community in Japan! (398.33 KB)
- Prof. Kodera, JSPS | KAKENHI: What’s really going on… (2.8 MB)
- Dr. Fujiwara, Nagoya Institute of Technology | Key points for KAKENHI proposal writing (1.04 MB)
- Dr. Vohra, University of Electro-Communications | A love-hate relationship with Kakenhi (724.86 KB)
- Dr. Greve, Hokkaido University | Tips for writing strong KAKENHI proposals (362.19 KB)
- Dr. Colombo, Nagoya University | Applying for Kakenhi in the social sciences (255.79 KB)
- Dr. Bellier, Shiga University of Medical Science | My experience with Kakenhi as principal investigator (965.71 KB)
- Dr. Venture, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology | My experience with Kakenhi is Hectic! (517.01 KB)
- Dr. Kuczynski, EU Delegation to Japan | EU-Japan research cooperation opportunities through Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions and European Research Council under EU’s Horizon 2020 programme (1.66 MB)
- Dr. Py, EURAXESS Japan | EURAXESS services for researchers in Japan interested in European grants (1.7 MB)
- Mr. Lambrecht, JEUPISTE Project / NCP Japan | JEUPISTE and NCP Japan support projects in Japan (473.66 KB)
- Mr. Jankowski, European Commission | Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions: IF and RISE for Japanese participants (1.22 MB)
- Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions: IF and RISE for Japanese participants (1.22 MB)
- Dr. Nakamura, Osaka University | How to maximize your chance to get MSCA fellowship (1.44 MB)
- Dr. Hatada, CNRS (France) | My experience with MSCA Individual Fellowship (815.26 KB)
- Dr. Tanaka, NIES | My personal experience with Marie Curie Individual Fellowship at ETH Zurich, Switzerland (251.25 KB)
- Prof. Tokushuku, KEK | E-JADE, a RISE project for accelerator physics (1.63 MB)
- Prof. Ishihara, JAIST | RISE projects CONSTRUMATH, COMPUTAL and CORCON (590.28 KB)
- Prof. Ujii, KU Leuven (Belgium) / Hokkaido University | ERC project Plasmonics-based Energy Harvesting for Catalysis (PLASMHACAT) (3.68 MB)
- Dr. Tanaka, University of Dundee (UK) | Why ERC Grant? Tips for application (1.77 MB)
- Dr. Ikeda, IMBA (Austria) | Tips and tricks for a successful ERC grant proposal (139.27 KB)
- Prof. Aoki, Tohoku University | My ERC Starting Grant: Nov. 2010 - Oct. 2015 (1.15 MB)