The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and the Higher Education Personnel Improvement Coordination (CAPES) launched the Joint Program for Doctoral Scholarships in Germany, based on cooperation agreements signed between Brazil and Germany and between CAPES and DAAD. The aim of the programme is to train high-level researchers and PhD students and to consolidate scientific cooperation between the two countries in all areas of knowledge.
The programme is divided in 3 categories:
- Full Doctorate/PhD: up to 48 months
- Sandwich Doctorate/PhD: from 4 to 12 months
- Doctorate/PhD Sandwich with "cotutela" (joint supervision): up to 18 months
The benfits include:
- Montlhy scholarships
- Travel allowance for carrying out activities in Germany
- Assistance to acquire health insurance abroad
- Complementary benefits are available in the program announcement
Deadline: 20 December 2019.