IF@ULB is a European postdoctoral programme, COFUNDed by the Université libre de Bruxelles and the European Commission within the framework of Marie Skłodowska-Curie actions (H2020). The programme will enable ULB to recruit 63 international postdoctoral researchers between 2018 and 2023, in three calls. At each call, IF@ULB will offer 21 positions in one of the ULB research centres. The positions are open to researchers in all fields, according to a bottom up approach. The evaluation procedure will be organised through three panels: Social Sciences and Humanities, Physical and Engineering Sciences, Life Sciences.
Each fellowship will be granted for 2 years. All positions will receive fellow-related and research-related funding.
IF@ULB fellows will benefit from a comprehensive career development programme, adapted to the needs of each postdoctoral researcher, with activities offered at the level of both the research unit and the university:
- Individual career development support and coaching
- Research-based training (research seminars, specialised courses, etc.)
- Transferable soft skills training (open science, research communication, languages, research funding & grant writing, project management, research supervision, teacher training, etc.)
Who may apply?
- Applicants of any age and of any nationality are eligible.
- Eligible applicants are Experienced Researchers, i.e.
- Holders of a PhD degree obtained max. 7 years before the call deadline.
- Applicants without a PhD, provided they have documented full-time equivalent research experience of minimum 4 and maximum 11 years prior to the call deadline.
- An eligibility extension of 15 weeks per child is granted in case of maternity
- Eligible applicants must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Belgium for more than 12 months during the 3 years preceding the call deadline.
- There are no restrictions on scientific domain. A member of ULB academic staff must explicitly accept to supervise and train the applicant to integrate them in their group.
The Guide for Applicants for the first call will help you to prepare your application file. The Guide also provides detailed information about the evaluation and selection procedure, which involves three stages: an eligibility check, a remote expert evaluation and a panel review.
Deadline: 1 October 2019.
Start of the funded projects: April 2020 - October 2020.
More information at: https://if-at-ulb.ulb.be/