START DATE10/08/2018 - 09:00
END DATE10/08/2018 - 12:30
Europe is a world leader in mathematical research. The objective of the European Research Day was to highlight the excellence of the European research in mathematics, as well as opportunities for collaboration and mobility.
The event counted with presentations of opportunities for Brazilian and worldwide researchers under the European Commission programmes, such as Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions (MSCA), European Research Council (ERC), and EURAXESS.
The European member states and associated countries in attendance also introduced their research landscapes in the field, mobility mechanisms and possibilities for collaboration.
AGENDA WITH PRESENTATIONS:
9:30 KEYNOTE LECTURES
- Presentation Lamberto Rondoni (3.89 MB)
- Presentation Jean-Pierre Bourguignon | President, European Research Council (EU) (814.63 KB)
10:30 EU FUNDING AND TOOLS TO CARRY OUT MATHEMATICAL RESEARCH IN EUROPE
- Presentations on Marie Sklodowska Curie Actions (MSCA), European Research Council (ERC) and EURAXESS (3.32 MB)
11:30 EUROPEAN MEMBER STATES RESEARCH LANDSCAPE IN MATHEMATICS , COLLABORATION WITH BRAZIL, FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES
- FRANCE: Pierre Arnoux | Department of Mathematics, Aix Marseille University
- GERMANY: Presentation Martina Schulze (1.02 MB) | Director, DAAD Brazil
- ITALY: Presentation Roberto Bruno (959.5 KB) | Scientific Attaché, Embassy of Italy in Brazil
- SPAIN: Presentation Mercedes Siles Molina (5.88 MB) | Málaga University, Vice president of Real Sociedad Matemática Española
We had the honour to receive the President of the European Research Council, Mr Jean Pierre Bourguignon, as well as the great Italian mathematician, Mr Lamberto Rondoni.
Venue: Italian Cultural Institute, Av. Pres. Antônio Carlos, 40 - Centro, Rio de Janeiro
Need some inspiration?
ADDRESSAvenida Presidente Antônio Carlos, 40, Centro