OFFER DEADLINE15/05/2020 23:30 - Europe/Brussels
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
ORGANISATION/COMPANYLUNEX (application management through Luxinnovation)
DEPARTMENTThe International University of Health, Exercise & Sports
The International University of Health, Exercise & Sports is interested in hosting a postdoctoral fellow within the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Individual Fellowship programme.
Please note that this opportunity is not a funded positions (yet); it depend on
1. The organization selecting you for continuing the process and
2. A successful proposal written mostly by you (with some input from your host organization in Luxembourg) and submitted before September 9th 2020.
Sport Management and Innovation : How sport organizations use technology to retain/attract members?
- Sport governance
- Physical activity
- Sport organisations
- Social impact
Innovative practices using technology to enhance physical activity levels in sport organisations
- Sport industry
- Vital cities
- Social impact
- Expertise in sport management with a research interest on innovation, technologies and sport participation/physical activity
- Advanced knowledge in both qualitative and quantitative research designs.
- Advanced english language skills
LUNEX is a fast-growing dynamic University settled at the very heart of Europe, in one of the world’s wealthiest country. LUNEX University is part of the Luxembourg incredibly advanced innovation ecosystem comprising exceptional industrial policies, diversified funds and research supports and high-end facilities and infrastructures.
Research at LUNEX University connects and crosses the domains of
- Neuroplasticity in rehabilitation and sport performance
- Prevention and Rehabilitation in Neurological, Cardio-pulmonary and Musculoskeletal Disorders
- Training and Performance Analysis in Sport
- Innovation & Digital Transformation in Sport
Our research activities provide a framework of excellence in the research landscape of Luxembourg and beyond. Our multidisciplinary and impactful approach is nurtured by an extensive collaborative National and International network across the above domains. LUNEX aims to generate positive social impact from the research outcomes under an academic and economic point of view.
LUNEX is equipped with the high-end innovative technology in sensory-motor assessment for the field of rehabilitation and sport science. Our Laboratories comprise wearable wireless sensors for complete biomechanical assessment under in- and out-of-lab settings.
LUNEX hosts unique technologies in the rehabilitation field as sensorised, stimulation treadmills for sensory-motor gait impairments interventions and devices for selective musculo-tendon stimulation via square wave mechanical-sound vibrations aiming at accelerating the functional recovery of physical activity.
Basic and applied science at LUNEX is conducted under an exceptional working environment which favours and boost continuous professional development. LUNEX is the perfect fit for motivated and self-driven scientists to advance their career perspectives having the chance to work independently as well as guided by leading experts in the fields of applied biomechanics, human motion analysis, neurophysiology, rehabilitation, exercise physiology and sport and physical activity innovations.
- Challenging job in an internationally recognised and highly motivated team
- Dynamic team with a wide international network
- Working at a Luxemburgish Institution in the heart of Europe
- State-of-the-art research Equipment
- Young and dynamic institution that offers a diverse, inclusive and fair environment.
- Promotion of personal and professional development as a key factors to enable individuals to reach their full potential
About Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions Individual Fellowship:
The MSCA IF are postdoctoral fellowships, financed through the European Commission for 2 year positions, covering salary and research costs of the researchers, who can come from anywhere in the world. The evaluation process of these programmes is more about the project and the career development of the candidate, than his/her publication record. The organizations in Luxembourg that want to host such talented researchers include large public research organizations as well as private companies that offer interesting job perspectives after completion of the fellowship.
Minimal eligibility criteria
- Individual: applicant applies together with host institute
- PhD at the deadline or Masters plus 4 years of full time equivalent research experience
- Not working or living in Luxembourg for longer than 12 months before the call deadline
- For rules see here or contact your NCP
How to apply
Please submit your CV to Charles Betz, Advisor - European R&D and Innovation Support at Luxinnovation, until May 15th 2020 and refer to which position(s) you are applying for; you can also send several finetuned CVs if you are interested in multiple positions. Make sure you address the text and requirements mentioned by the respective hosts.
Please note that applications are made through Luxinnovation, your contact point for Horizon 2020 in Luxembourg, before being handed over to the host company.
Luxinnovation, the Luxembourgish Innovation agency and National Contact Point for MSCA, will support both you and your future host institute during your application phase. For all applicants coming to Luxembourg we offer guidance documents, webinars, training in proposal writing and we will review your proposals if you wish so (depending on our availability). In 2019, MSCA IF proposals from Luxembourg had an average success rate of 28.5%, and proposals reviewed by our service 42%.
More information can be found on our website.
The responsibility for the hosting offers published on this website, including the hosting description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.