OFFER DEADLINE15/05/2020 23:30 - Europe/Brussels
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
ORGANISATION/COMPANYLHoFT (application management through Luxinnovation)
The Luxembourg House of Financial Technology (LHoFT) is interested in hosting a postdoctoral fellow within the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Individual Fellowship programme.
Please note that this opportunity is not a funded positions (yet); it depend on
1. The organization selecting you for continuing the process and
2. A successful proposal written mostly by you (with some input from your host organization in Luxembourg) and submitted before September 9th 2020.
Research on the impact of financial technology on the financial services industry, and broader, domestic and global economy.
- How is Fintech helping to drive a) increased productivity b) Increased efficiency c) Economic output d) International trade e) customer satisfaction and adoption?
- Is there a broad substitution of services occurring or is Fintech helping to increase activity in Financial Services - be it revenues, output, or other measure of market size?
- What are the key trends in Fintech that are driving added value in terms of customer satisfaction, access to financial services, and broad customer utility?
- What are the key services/trends that are driving value to the industry in terms of efficiency and lowering costs?
- What are the constraints on an effective transition to a digitalised financial services industry - how is regulation (Data, financial and other), playing a role in enabling or constraining digitalisation in financial services?
- How are global political trends and recessionary pressures impacting the Fintech evolution? What are the technologies in development that could make a long-term and disruptive impact on financial services and the market?
- A knowledge of Fintech and Financial Services
- Strong and proven research skills – both desk and field
- Incredible writing skills – in English
- Ability to multi-task and manage a range of project streams
- Agility – ability to attend to new priorities quickly as required
- Analytical and diligent
- Demonstrable influencing capability, social, able to get along with a wide variety of people and know how to position a case to get tasks done
- Willing to learn (technologies, methods ...) and develop new competencies
- Creativity, both in ideas and execution
- Organised and level headed, not prone to panic or to over-react but able to assess, plan actions and implement in a constructive and logical way
- Confidence to be autonomous
- Demonstrable execution capabilities
- Native speaker in English or at least fluent , both oral and written. French, Luxembourgish and German would be an advantage
The LHoFT Foundation is a public – private sector initiative that drives technology innovation for Luxembourg’s Financial Services industry, connecting the domestic and international FinTech community to develop solutions that shape the world of tomorrow.
The LHoFT connects with and creates value for the entire Luxembourg financial ecosystem; financial institutions, Fintech startups & trailblazers, IT industry, research and academia as well as the regulatory and public authorities.
Its founding private sector partners are: BGL BNP Paribas, Clearstream (Deutsche Börse Group), BCEE, Deloitte, Foyer Group, KPMG, POST Luxembourg, Six Payment Services, PwC, Société Générale, Telindus (Proximus Group), State Street and Temenos.
The other partners of the initiative are the Government of Luxembourg, the Luxembourg Chamber of Commerce, the City of Luxembourg and the University of Luxembourg.
The LHoFT offers an exciting, fun and energizing work environment, interacting with many different stakeholders from financial services, government, advisory and legal firms, as well as international and domestic entrepreneurs. The selected candidate will work at the ground-breaking House of Startups in the LHoFT offices, where no day is ever quite the same. Fulfilment and achievement are part of daily life and core to the LHoFT’s values.
About Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions Individual Fellowship:
The MSCA IF are postdoctoral fellowships, financed through the European Commission for 2 year positions, covering salary and research costs of the researchers, who can come from anywhere in the world. The evaluation process of these programmes is more about the project and the career development of the candidate, than his/her publication record. The organizations in Luxembourg that want to host such talented researchers include large public research organizations as well as private companies that offer interesting job perspectives after completion of the fellowship.
Minimal eligibility criteria
- Individual: applicant applies together with host institute
- PhD at the deadline or Masters plus 4 years of full time equivalent research experience
- Not working or living in Luxembourg for longer than 12 months before the call deadline
- For rules see here or contact your NCP
How to apply
Please submit your CV to Charles Betz, Advisor - European R&D and Innovation Support at Luxinnovation, until May 15th 2020 and refer to which position(s) you are applying for; you can also send several finetuned CVs if you are interested in multiple positions. Make sure you address the text and requirements mentioned by the respective hosts.
Please note that applications are made through Luxinnovation, your contact point for Horizon 2020 in Luxembourg, before being handed over to the host company.
Luxinnovation, the Luxembourgish Innovation agency and National Contact Point for MSCA, will support both you and your future host institute during your application phase. For all applicants coming to Luxembourg we offer guidance documents, webinars, training in proposal writing and we will review your proposals if you wish so (depending on our availability). In 2019, MSCA IF proposals from Luxembourg had an average success rate of 28.5%, and proposals reviewed by our service 42%.
More information can be found on our website.
- Financial Services
- Financial Markets
- Artificial Intelligence
- Regtech; Insurtech
- Asset Management
- Digital Assets
The responsibility for the hosting offers published on this website, including the hosting description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.