OFFER DEADLINE15/05/2020 23:30 - Europe/Brussels
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
ORGANISATION/COMPANYAdwäisEO (application management through Luxinnovation)
AdwäisEO is interested in hosting a postdoctoral fellow within the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Individual Fellowship programme.
Please note that this opportunity is not a funded positions (yet); it depend on
1. The organization selecting you for continuing the process and
2. A successful proposal written mostly by you (with some input from your host organization in Luxembourg) and submitted before September 9th 2020.
- It infrastructure optimisation. We live in the epoch of big data and the amount of data nowadays made available by satellite is amazing. Nevertheless the to manage and made immediately available all the data needs a hug economical effort. Considering that not all data have the same value for the users and that different type of storage (i.e. disk, tapes, …) are available, archive can managed in order to reduce the costs without affecting the users experience.
- Sentinel-1 and Sentinel-2 provide complementary and valuable information for agriculture purpose. Repository such as the LSA Data Center makes available full collection of data immediately available and allows extracting statistics from long series and to combine together information such as soil moisture and NDVI for optimisation of irrigation, fertilization along with early detection and treatment of crop diseases.
- We are looking for talent scientist curious of EO data and IT that can help us in developing our company.
AdwäisEO is a young company operating in the field of IT services related to EO data, such as data archiving and preservation, processing, reprocessing and data dissemination. The team consists of 9 people and includes IT and data engineers and EO scientists.
The company designed, set up and operates two big archive of EO data for ESA and LSA. In particular, for the Luxembourg Space Agency operates one of the biggest Sentinel Collaborative Ground Segments of Europe.
The company is constantly optimising its resources in terms of storage, computation, data access and database in order to offer best service to its customs with reasonable costs. In this context, fields of research and development are storage and database optimisations, orchestration system, geo-portals.
The access to big repositories of EO data and the experience in dealing with big data has stimulating other filed of interests oriented to downstream applications such as remote sensing and precision farming. The team already includes two data scientist with experience in research at international level.
About Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions Individual Fellowship:
The MSCA IF are postdoctoral fellowships, financed through the European Commission for 2 year positions, covering salary and research costs of the researchers, who can come from anywhere in the world. The evaluation process of these programmes is more about the project and the career development of the candidate, than his/her publication record. The organizations in Luxembourg that want to host such talented researchers include large public research organizations as well as private companies that offer interesting job perspectives after completion of the fellowship.
Minimal eligibility criteria
- Individual: applicant applies together with host institute
- PhD at the deadline or Masters plus 4 years of full time equivalent research experience
- Not working or living in Luxembourg for longer than 12 months before the call deadline
- For rules see here or contact your NCP
How to apply
Please submit your CV to Charles Betz, Advisor - European R&D and Innovation Support at Luxinnovation, until May 15th 2020 and refer to which position(s) you are applying for; you can also send several finetuned CVs if you are interested in multiple positions. Make sure you address the text and requirements mentioned by the respective hosts.
Please note that applications are made through Luxinnovation, your contact point for Horizon 2020 in Luxembourg, before being handed over to the host company.
Luxinnovation, the Luxembourgish Innovation agency and National Contact Point for MSCA, will support both you and your future host institute during your application phase. For all applicants coming to Luxembourg we offer guidance documents, webinars, training in proposal writing and we will review your proposals if you wish so (depending on our availability). In 2019, MSCA IF proposals from Luxembourg had an average success rate of 28.5%, and proposals reviewed by our service 42%.
More information can be found on our website.
- image segmentation,
- Remote sensing,
- data fusion,
- NDVI+Soil Moisture,
- precision farming,
- change detection,
- storage optimization,
- data curacy,
- database optimization
The responsibility for the hosting offers published on this website, including the hosting description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.