OFFER DEADLINE06/06/2022 17:00 - Europe/Brussels
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEHE / MSCA
DEPARTMENTFaculty of Biosciences and Aquaculture
“Expressions of interest”
The Faculty of Biosciences and Aquaculture at Nord University calls for expressions of interest from early career researchers to apply for an EU-funded Marie Skłodowska Curie Action Postdoctoral Fellowship (MSCA-PF-2022). We will then work with selected applicants to write their full proposal for the 14th September 2022 deadline. Details at www.nord.no.
Researchers at Nord University are especially interested to host and train post-doctoral fellows in the following subject areas, and related topics may also be considered.
- Sustainable aquaculture
- Effects of climate change on aquaculture production
- Environmental impact and sustainable development of kelp farming
- Parasite biology and ecology
- Terrestrial habitat management and conservation
- Infectious disease dynamics in wildlife
- One Health
- Marine biology
- Prioritising locations for Marine Protected Areas in Europe
- Deep sea ecology
- Marine biogeography and biodiversity
- Kelp development and life cycle
- Climate change
- Climate change adaptation
- Climate change impact on marine species, including macroalgae
- Population genomics of non-model organisms
- Ecological epigenetics in macroalgae and/or seagrass
- Microalgae genetics - basic and applied
- Genome biology and vertebrate genome evolution
- Developmental transcriptomics in fish
- MSCA PF are open to excellent researchers of any nationality.
- Researchers must be in possession of a doctoral degree.
- At the call deadline, researchers must have a maximum of 8 years full-time equivalent experience in research, measured from the date that the researcher was in a possession of a doctoral degree.
- Mobility rule: the researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Norway for more than 12 months in the 36 months immediately before the call deadline.
Assessment and selection of candidates
Please send a covering letter outlining your relevant background, a one page description of the project idea, and a CV, including list of publications to email@example.com. The letter should mention if there are any Nord faculty you have identified as being potential hosts. Administrative information on MSCA is available from Vilija Duleviciute, firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the first step of the process we will choose the candidates for developing competitive MSCA-Postdoctoral grant applications. These qualified candidates will be invited to submit a proposal to the EU funded MSCA-PF program. Applicants will be shortlisted by an internal panel and informed if they have been selected for the next stage.
There will be a training workshop for applicants on 4th May 2022.
The selected applicants will develop their MSCA-PF proposal in cooperation with their future supervisors at the Faculty of Biosciences and Aquaculture. In addition, they will be offered individual consultations and review of their MSCA-PF proposal.
The responsibility for the hosting offers published on this website, including the hosting description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.