- Offer Deadline
- EU Research Framework Programme
- H2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions COFUND
- A Coruña
- Organisation / Company
- Universidade da Coruña
- CITIC - Centre for ICT Research
- Is the Hosting related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
- Organisation / Company Type
- Higher Education Institute
- A Coruña
- Postal Code
- Campus de Elviña s/n
3-i ICT (International, Interdisciplinary and Intersectoral Information and Communications Technology PhD Programme) is an innovative new international PhD programme carried out by the Centre for Information and Communications Technology Research (CITIC) of the University of A Coruña.
The 2nd international call for candidates will hire 4 Early Stage Researchers (ESR), and it is open from 20 February 2023 to 20 April 2023.
3-i ICT aims to foster diversity. Female ESRs are strongly encouraged to apply, as well as refugees and candidates with disabilities. 3-i ICT will set up a female mentoring programme to accompany female ESR recruits to advance in their careers.
The aim of 3-i ICT is to provide Early-Stage Researchers with unique opportunities for basic and applied interdisciplinary research, training and career development. To ensure the 3-i dimension, during the fellowship period, ESRs will:
- Acquire real experience and practice on interdisciplinary projects that bridge the gap between different fields of science, under the supervision of one expert from the field of ICT and one expert from a different field.
- Carry out secondments in non-academic institutions and/or companies to broaden and deepen their skills.
- Obtain International Doctorate certification, in accordance with UDC regulations.
- Early-Stage Researchers: According to the MSCA definition, candidates should have less than four years’ research experience, measured as full-time equivalent research experience, and not yet hold a PhD degree. Full-time equivalent research experience is measured from the date when a researcher obtained the degree entitling her/him/them to embark on a PhD, either in the country in which the degree was obtained or in the country in which the researcher is recruited or seconded, even if a PhD was never started or envisaged.
- MSCA mobility rule: Candidates must not have resided or carried out their main activity in Spain for more than twelve months in the three years immediately prior to the deadline of each call. Short stays such as holidays will be not taken into account.
- Be entitled to enrol in a PhD at CITIC/Universidade da Coruña: In accordance with UDC internal regulations, candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree and a Master’s degree, equivalent to 300 ECTS in total, 60 of which should correspond to a Master’s degree (or equivalent credit system for degrees awarded by universities outside the EU). Experts from the UDC International Doctoral School (EIDUDC) will perform a pre-admission eligibility check on all applications.
- Be of any nationality. No age restrictions apply.
Full details of the call on our website: https://3i-ict.citic.udc.es/