ORGANISATION/COMPANYTel Aviv University
RESEARCH FIELDChemistry › Homogeneous catalysisChemistry › Molecular chemistryChemistry › Organic chemistry
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE01/09/2018 23:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONIsrael › Tel Aviv
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK45
OFFER STARTING DATE01/10/2018
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER765497
The Amir Research Group at The Tel-Aviv University School of Chemistry is looking for an Early Stage Researcher (PhD student) to develop a PhD thesis project on the development of novel catalytic polymeric assemblies for biomedical applications. The contract will be within the framework of the Horizon 2020 Marie Skłodowska-Curie European Training Network THERACAT (H2020-MSCA-ITN-2017-765497), whose objective is to train a new generation of early stage researchers in the field of cancer therapy.
The successful candidate will develop research involving:
– Design and synthesis of multi-functional polymeric amphiphiles.
– Self-assembly and characterization of polymeric micelles.
– Catalytic activation of anti-cancer prodrugs.
– Full time 3 year contract. Very competitive salary. Starting date: From October 1st 2018 to 1st March 2019
– Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high quality international scientific environment
Interested applicants should send their cover letter, CV, full academic record and two references to: email@example.com, before 1/9/2018 (Reference: THERACAT)
- B.Sc. and M.Sc. in Chemistry
- Polymer/organic chemistry
- Polymer/organic synthesis
- Characterization techniques (NMR, HPLC/GPC, UV-Vis/Fluorescence spectroscopy)
- Ability to maintain accurate and up to date records
- Understanding of the research process
- Ability to organize and prioritize own work and organize research within the project timetable
- Computer literacy
- Effective team working
- Good communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Flexible and co-operative
- Self-motivated and hardworking
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Willingness to work flexibly in order to achieve project demands.
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their CV, full academic records, cover letter and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org
The selected candidates will be interviewed via a Skype interview
Required Research Experiences
RESEARCH FIELDChemistry › Organic chemistry
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE1 - 4
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELChemistry: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
– B.Sc. and M.Sc. in Chemistry (completed before the contract starting date).
– Experience and knowledge in polymer and/or organic chemistry.
– Experience and knowledge in using NMR, HPLC/GPC.
– High motivation and ability to be part of an international multidisciplinary team.
– High level of English and good communication skills.
Marie-Curie fellowship Mobility requirement:
–At the time of recruitment by TAU, candidates must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work or studies) in Israel for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to their recruitment.
EURAXESS offer ID: 322708
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.