ORGANISATION/COMPANYEindhoven University of Technology (TU/e)
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/07/2018 22:00 - UTC
LOCATIONNetherlands › Eindhoven
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK38.0
The contract will be within the framework of the Marie Sk³odowska-Curie European Training Network THERACAT, whose objective is to train a new generation of early stage researchers in innovative topic of bio-orthogonal catalysis for cancer therapy. THERACAT is an international and multidisciplinary consortium comprising 6 academic partners from top European institutions, 3 industrial partners active in the pharmaceutical market, and a partner focussing on science communication.
The successful candidate will develop research involving:
- The functionalization of SCPNs with peptides that show high specific binding to the specific receptors overexpressed in cancer cells
- The development of targeted delivery strategies to cancer cells for the catalytically active SCPNs
- The use of imaging techniques (confocal fluorescence microscopy, STORM) to track delivery of SCPNs
- Quantification of extracellular and intracellular catalytic activity of the catalytically active SCPNs
- A challenging job in a dynamic and ambitious, multidisciplinary research team at the Institute for Complex Molecular Systems (ICMS) at Eindhoven University of Technology. Gross monthly salaries. € 2222,- to € 2840,- in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement of the Dutch Universities (CAO NU). Moreover, a 8% bonus share (holiday supplement) is provided annually. We also offer an attractive package of fringe benefits (including excellent work facilities, child care and sport facilities) and we can help you find accommodation.
- The candidate is expected to finish the project with a PhD thesis and disseminate the results through, publications in peer-reviewed journals and presentations at international conferences.
For more information please visit jobs.tue.nl or contact Dr. Ir. ARA Palmans +31 (0)40 247 3105 / firstname.lastname@example.org. Information about terms of employment can be obtained from Linda van den Boomen, HR advisor, email: email@example.com.
Further information about Eindhoven University of Technology and the department of Chemical Engineering & Chemistry can be found at www.chem.tue.nl.
Please send your application via the apply-now button. To ensure consideration, your application should include the following documents (in PDF format):
- An application letter that outlines your qualification, interest and motivation for this position.
- A CV with details on education, employment, publications, and research experience, as well as contact information for two referees.
Please send your application documents before 15-07-2018
Review of applications will start as soon as applications are received and will continue until the position has been filled.
- Liu Y et al, A Modular Synthetic Platform for the Construction of Functional Single-Chain Polymeric Nanoparticles: from Aqueous Catalysis to Photo-Sensitization. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2015, 137, 13096-13105. (DOI: 10.1021/jacs.5b08299).
- Liu Y et al, Catalytically Active Single-Chain Polymeric Nanoparticles: Exploring Their Functions in Complex Biological Media. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2018, 140, 3423-3433 (DOI: 10.1021/jacs.8b00122).
Web site for additional job details
Requirements for Candidates:
- Master degree in Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Molecular Sciences, or related discipline.
- Solid background in organic synthesis and/or polymer chemistry and a keen interest in microscopy and cell studies.
- Good communication skills, fluency in English (written and oral), and a strong motivation to do original, fundamental research in an interdisciplinary team.
- Self-critical, capacity to learn and bring knowledge
Marie-Curie Fellowship Mobility Requirement:
At the time of recruitment by the TU/e, the candidate must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work or studies) in The Netherlands for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to their recruitment.
EURAXESS offer ID: 321888
Posting organisation offer ID: 48335
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.