ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstitute for Bioengineering of Catalonia
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences › Biological engineeringChemistryMedical sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE20/07/2018 19:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONSpain › Barcelonesa
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE16/10/2018
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER765497
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Yes
The Nanoscopy for Nanomedicine Group at the Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) is looking for an Early Stage Researcher (PhD student) to develop his PhD thesis project on the super-resolution imaging of bio-orthogonal catalytic nanoparticles. The contract will be within the framework of the THERACAT Marie Skłodowska-Curie European Training Network (H2020-MSCA-ITN-2017, Project 765497), whose objective is to train a new generation of early stage researchers on new catalysis-based cancer therapies.
- Full-time 3-year contract. Very competitive salary. Estimated starting date: October 2018
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high quality international scientific environment
On the other hand, Candidates should be ready to enter an official doctoral programme (under Spanish Law). By this time, they must have obtained a university degree and a master’s degree; or must hold an official university qualification from a country of the European Higher Education Area with a minimum of 300 ECTS of official university studies, of which at least 60 are at master’s level.
The successful candidate will develop research involving:
- Functionalization and labeling of nanoparticles
- Study NP localization and function in vitro and in cells using super resolution microscopy
- biological evaluation in cancer models
Requirements for candidates:
- Degree and Master on any field on chemistry, biomedical engineering, biotechnology or similar
- Multidisciplinary attitude
- Expertise with cell culture and/or fluorescence microscopy
- Experience with super resolution imaging will be an asset
- Self-critical, capacity to learn and bring knowledge
- High level of English
Marie-Curie fellowship Mobility requirement:
-At the time of recruitment by IBEC, candidates must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work or
studies) in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to their recruitment
EURAXESS offer ID: 318985
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.