ORGANISATION/COMPANYNicolaus Copernicus University
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE09/03/2018 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Toruń
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/04/2018
REFERENCE NUMBER“PhD TEAM”
The Faculty of Physics, Astronomy and Informatics of the Nicolaus Copernicus University invites applications for a stipend for a three-year PhD student position in theoretical/observational inhomogeneous cosmology. A substantial fraction of the successful candidate's research work will be expected to focus on the possible links between inhomogeneous cosmology and dark matter. The candidate's main thesis research topic will be negotiated with his/her thesis supervisor.
The PhD stipend will be a part of the Theme 3: Theoretical investigation of general-relativistic effective contributions to dark matter fields of the A next-generation worldwide quantum sensor network with optical atomic clocks project, carried out within the TEAM programme of the Foundation for Polish Science. More information is available at http://www.fizyka.umk.pl/~castle .
- up to 3 years of stipend supported by TEAM grant,
- scholarship 3 500 PLN/month,
- opportunity to work in interdisciplinary research department with strong support from astronomy and physics groups within the department,
- PhD studies in the professional and dynamically developing international and interdisciplinary team,
- possibilities of foreign internships, trainings, and conference trips,
- collaboration with the best research groups in the world in the field of dark matter detection with optical atomic clocks.
- the quality and number of scientific achievements,
- possession of master’s degree (or equivalent) in relevant field,
- knowledge of English language.
- a cover letter
- curriculum vitae (including a description of scientific motivation, a description of research interests, and a publication list),
- a scan or photocopy of the candidate's university degree;
- at least one reference letter;
Please include in your cover letter:
“I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process under the Personal Data Protection Act as of 29 August 1997, consolidated text: Journal of Laws 2016, item 922 as amended.”
- please submit the aforementioned documents to castle[at]fizyka.umk.pl by 9 March 2018 with annotation “PhD TEAM” in the subject field,
- after preliminary selection a shortlist of candidates fulfilling the main eligibility criteria will be invited for an interview, in person or online,
- the expected starting date of the position is not earlier than 1 April 2018; on the starting date, the successful candidate will need to hold PhD student status.
- required: a master's degree (or BSc (Hons) or other equivalent) in astrophysics or a closely related field,
- required: an excellent academic record,
- preferred: research experience in inhomogeneous cosmology or in numerical modelling of dark-matter dominated galaxy formation,
- preferred: scientific software (C, fortran, autotools, git) development experience.
EURAXESS offer ID: 278460
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.