ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Bergen
RESEARCH FIELDGeosciences › Geology
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE02/03/2018 23:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONNorway › Bergen
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
There is a vacancy
area of Uranium- series geochronology as applied to archaeological sites and
cave deposits. The successful applicant will have responsibility for performing
U- series dating on archaeological sites and adjacent caves in South Africa.
- A good and professionally challenging working environment.
- Salary at pay grade 57 (code 1352/ pay range 24, alternative 1) in the state salary scale upon appointment. This currently amounts to an annual salary of NOK 490 500. Further promotions are made according to length of service in the position.
- Enrolment in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
- A position in an inclusive workplace (IA enterprise).
- Good welfare benefits.
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
Qualifications and personal qualities
- The applicant must either hold a PhD within applied geochronology or archaeometry or must have submitted his/her doctoral thesis for assessment prior to the application deadline. It is a condition of employment that the PhD has been awarded.
- Proven and relevant research experience within U-series geochronology on cave deposits.
- Documented hands-on experience and technical skills on ICP-MS (PIMS) measurement of U- series isotopes on speleothem and calcrete, preferably on a NU Plasma instrument.
- Experience of improving chemical and mass spectrometric methodologies.
- The ability to work independently and in a structured manner and have the ability to cooperate with others.
- Proficiency in both written and oral English.
- Documented skills in laser-ablation ICP-MS and application of Pb-U dating on Quaternary materials.
Personal and relational qualities will be emphasized. Research experience, ambitions and potential will also count when evaluating the candidates.
As the position involves fieldwork in caves, documentation of sufficient physical skills (caving) are preferred.
EURAXESS offer ID: 277248
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.