ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversità degli Studi Roma TRE
RESEARCH FIELDComputer scienceEngineering › Biomedical engineeringEngineering › Communication engineering
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE09/07/2018 23:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONItaly › Rome
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER764951
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Yes
The PhD student will be employed in the ComLab, the telecommunication laboratory of the Department of Engineering at Università degli Studi Roma TRE, Rome, Italy. The research performed in ComLab is dedicated to the study of secure telecommunication and multimedia systems with focus on the evaluation of the Quality of Experience.
The thesis work will be performed within the project “Immersive Visual Technologies for Safety-critical Applications” (ImmerSAFE), which is a European project funded within the H2020-MSCA-ITN (https://immersafe-itn.eu).
The main goal of ImmerSAFE is to train multi-disciplinary experts having an understanding of the core imaging technologies, the requirements set by the safety-critical applications and that are able to account for the human user in the design of such systems.
ImmerSAFE will include 15 PhD students in 5 countries (Finland, Croatia, Italy, Norway and Sweden). In addition to post-graduate studies at Roma Tre University, the recruited PhD student will interact extensively with the 14 partners in the project and will do part of his/her research as secondments for up to three months at some of the partners premises.
The focus of this PhD student position is: i) the design of a new generation operative control room that encompasses the use of augmented and virtual reality, ii) the assessment of the Quality of Experience of the users of the designed control rooms. This task will include the definition of the requirements of a control room in cooperation with experts from the industry. Based on the requirements, the study will concern the selection of physiological markers for assessing the fatigue of the users, and the design of subjective tests for validating the proposed solution. Moreover, the study of reaction and attention patterns will be implemented by analyzing gaze movements and directional changes in head and body posture.
Please see more information and instructions how to apply here: http://www.ingegneria.uniroma3.it/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/REP-48-2018_Engl.pdf
Eligibility requirements for Marie Skłodowska-Curie Early Stage Researcher positions as defined by the European Commission must be fulfilled:
- no PhD awarded yet
- a Master Degree, qualifying for PhD qualification (e.g. Master by Research or equivalent
- English language skill, both in speech and writing, at a level where candidates can function independently and with a great deal of precision on a wide variety of subjects and in almost any setting without any prior preparation in the scientific field.
- has less than 4 years research experience (i.e. working in research projects for less than 4 years since the date of the degree that gives access to doctoral studies and the day of the first working date)
- has not lived or worked in the country of their host institution (Italy) for more than 12 months in the last 3 years
For further details:
How to apply:
The signed and dated application form, compiled following the scheme available at the end of this Call (ALLEGATO A) must be addressed to the Università degli Studi Roma Tre – Dipartimento di Ingegneria – Area Ricerca – Stanza 2.6 - Via Vito Volterra 62 – Corpo A - 00146 Roma , sent via postal service, express courier or hand delivered (From Monday to Friday, from 10 am to 1 pm a nd from 2,30 pm to 3.30 pam) HAVE TO ARRIVE within the final deadline of June 8th 2018, otherwise the applicant will be excluded.
Application must include:
- appropriate scientific and professional curriculum demonstrating aptitude for research activities;
- autocertification for the Degrees (ALLEGATO B);
- (if any) list of other titles and or previous scientific publication (ALLEGATO C)
Please see more detailed information here: http://www.ingegneria.uniroma3.it/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/REP-48-2018_Engl.pdf
The researcher is asked to define and test a model for evaluating the quality of experience of immersive visual systems in operative control rooms. In addition, the researcher is asked to:
• To work closely with other researchers in the collaborating network.
• Attend and present at IMMERSAFE training activities and meetings as outlined in the wider program, including at national/international conferences relevant to the research.
• Report on progress regularly to the network and the rest of the research group.
• Document their research findings for publication in leading peer-reviewed international journals and conferences
The evaluation test will be carry out by skype conference video call.
EURAXESS offer ID: 260742
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.