ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversitat Autònoma de Barcelona
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciencesComputer scienceEconomicsEnvironmental scienceMathematicsPsychological sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE20/10/2017 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSpain › Bellaterra (Cerdanyola del Vallès)
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK37,5
OFFER STARTING DATE01/01/2018
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / ERC
Prof. Jeroen van den Bergh from ICTA-UAB was just awarded a prestigious ERC Advanced Grant for the project “Behavioral-evolutionary analysis of climate policy: Bounded rationality, markets and social interactions” (EVOCLIM). It amounts to almost € 2 million in funding and will run from January 2018 for a period of 5 years. EVOCLIM offers three postdoc positions and four PhD research positions (each 4 years). The PhD students will cooperate with the seniors and other junior researchers.
The four positions will address the following topics:
1. What are the differences in performance of carbon pricing under various types of bounded rationality of consumers and firms? This will compare carbon taxes and emissions trading.
2. What are the innovation, employment and climate impacts of shifting taxes from labor to carbon under bounded rationality? This has been addressed with rational-agent equilibrium models but not yet with behavioral-evolutionary models.
3. How do different information policies compare in terms of employing imitation behavior, social norms and information diffusion to effectively spread climate-relevant information and conducts? This involves testing features of information policies and the use of “role models”.
4. How does the interaction of commercial advertising and social comparison driven by status-seeking drive the consumption of certain carbon-intensive goods and services, like cars and holidays, and what does this mean for policy design aimed at influencing such consumption? This involves analysis of information provision instruments in interaction with carbon pricing and advertising.
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
- Bachelor and master degrees in economics, mathematics, computer science, psychology or biology
- Experience with evolutionary (dynamic equations or agent-based) modelling
- Knowledge of (environmental) economics and climate change
- General sofware for model programming or specific one for evolutionary (including multi-agent) modelling
EURAXESS offer ID: 244996
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.