RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE19/03/2017 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSpain › Zaragoza
TYPE OF CONTRACTTo be defined
HOURS PER WEEK37,5
We are looking for a candidate to join our embedded systems development team within the CIRCE ICT Integration group. The work will be focused on the development of SCADA and real-time systems, interacting with the power electronics equipment developed in CIRCE or market solutions. The candidate will have the opportunity to work on national and international development projects. Additionally the candidate will have responsibilities in contributing to new projects proposals, including both technical and budget approaches.
The vacant position requires good command of the methodology and tools to develop knowledge, applicable in the mid and long term, leading to an efficient execution of projects to high quality standards and the application of the know-how to develop new solutions. Capacities to keep up-to-date with market trends, the latest in the sector and new applications and to propose innovative project ideas towards a more sustainable scenario are also expected.
The candidate will participate in CIRCE's activities within the Red Activa project, aimed at the innovation for the distribution network.
We offer a permanent position for you to join a high-tech internationally recognized Research Centre in which your talent, passion and expertise will be fostered. Our flexible and modern working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will enable a sustainable society for tomorrow, taking part of a young team, with high development potential in a highly collaborative working environment.
In addition to Excellence, CIRCE’s values are based on Compromise, Integrity, Respect and Persons Development. In this line, CIRCE is committed to employ disabled individuals and encourages them to apply. Furthermore, CIRCE is aiming for a higher proportion of women in technology and science, so we ask qualified female technologists and scientists to apply. Finally, CIRCE supports a family-friendly workspace. Therefore, applicants with children are highly welcome.
Gross Salary: 30.000 - 39.000€
Interested candidates should send by email to Circe (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Full CV in Europass format and 1 page summary
- Motivation letter (2 pages limit) indicating the motivation, understanding and knowledge on the topic of the position as well as its possible relation with the previous research experience of the candidate. In addition, please, integrate the following information:
- Description of the tools and softwares you have used, as well as the work you have performed with.
- Clients you have work for (if confidential, please, indicate their profile).
- A list of the events (e.g. Congress, Workshops for R&D results presentation, Infodays, etc.) you have participated in the last 2 years.
- Indicate if you have represented your entity or research group in any sector related association or forum (e.g. Technology plarform, Congress Committee, Fairs, Exhibitions Standardization bodies, etc.).
- Electronic copy of the three more relevant publications of the candidate (peer reviwed articles, published deliverables, public reports, scientific news, etc.);
- Up to three contacts persons that could act as references if needed.
Please send the email with the topic “[Control System developer]".
Applications will be continuously evaluated upon reception, and phone interviews will be organised with the selected candidates until the position is filled. Writting and speaking tests may be organized either face to face or online. Travel expenses for attending face to face interviews wil be covered if finally organized.
For any additional information, you can send an email to email@example.com
Required Research Experiences
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE4 - 10
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELTechnology: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: ExcellentSPANISH: Good
- Scientific knowledge (state of the art) in the candidate's field of work.
- Knowing the technological trends in the field.
- Contributing to prepare project proposals.
- Knowing how to detect technological barriers and the needs of each sector where the knowledge can be applied.
- Putting forward solutions to the problems that related sectors will be faced with in order to calculate their impact.
- Participating in R&D projects and taking on tasks with responsibilities and deliverables.
- Putting forward technical solutions to meet the needs of projects currently in execution.
- Suggesting improvements in project execution.
- Ability to travel and participate or take the lead in meetings with national and international partners and/or clients.
- Application of previous knowledge to specific problem-solving for client businesses and/or institutions, with a practical and efficient approach.
- Market vision: Detecting opportunities to apply knowledge to problem-solving in the business context and to generation of new services and products.
- Ability for self-learning and personal autonomy
- Good command of analysis and problem-solving methodologies and tools.
- Expertise in programing in LINUX environment
- Expertise in ADA and C based developments
- Expertise in data bases (PostgreSQL preferred)
- Development / integration of communications protocols
- Valuable knowledge: real time systems, embedded development, experience in Smart Grid and power systems
PhD will be a plus.
EURAXESS offer ID: 183670