RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE19/03/2017 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSpain › Zaragoza
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK37,5
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020
The candidate will participate in the project SteamBio funded by the European Union under the H2020 Program (Grant Agreement number 636865). The work activities will be focused on supporting research and demonstration activities with different technologies of milling and thermochemical conversion for several types of biomass. We seek also professional with basic skills in project management.
The candidate will be incorporated within a research team and will support the execution of milling and combustion tests of fresh and torrefied biomass in a European Project (SteamBio – H2020). Combustion tests will be developed with different type of technologies: grate-fired boiler, fluidized bed and pulverized burner. The main tasks will require support on the design the experimental trials, tests execution, data analysis and technical report elaboration.
You will join a high-tech internationally recognized research centre in which your talent, passion and expertise will be fostered. Our flexible and modern working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will enable a sustainable society for tomorrow, taking part of a young team, with high development potential in a highly collaborative working environment.
In addition to Excellence, CIRCE’s values are based on Compromise, Integrity, Respect and Persons Development. In this line, CIRCE is committed to employ disabled individuals and encourages them to apply. Furthermore, CIRCE is aiming for a higher proportion of women in technology and science, so we ask qualified female technologists and scientists to apply. Finally, CIRCE supports a family-friendly workspace. Therefore, applicants with children are highly welcome.
Gross Salary: 20.000 - 30.000€
Interested candidates should send by email to Circe (email@example.com)
- Full CV in Europass format and 1 page summary
- Motivation letter (2 pages limit) indicating the motivation, understanding and knowledge on the topic of the position as well as its possible relation with the previous research experience of the candidate. In addition, please, indicate the following information:
- Describe the trials and tests related to the biomass field you have performed
- Specify the laboratory equipment you are familiar with.
- Electronic copy of the three more relevant publications of the candidate (peer reviwed articles, published deliverables, public reports, scientific news, etc.);
- Up to three contacts persons that could act as references if needed.
Please send the email with the topic "[Torrefied Biomass]".
Applications will be continuously evaluated upon reception, and phone interviews will be organised with the selected candidates until the position is filled. Writting and speaking tests may be organized either face to face or online. Travel expenses for attending face to face interviews wil be covered if finally organized.
For any additional information, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Required Research Experiences
RESEARCH FIELDEngineering › Thermal engineering
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE4 - 10
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELEngineering: Bachelor Degree or equivalentEnvironmental science: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: ExcellentSPANISH: Good
- Autonomy and ability to work independently developing experimental tests of biomass milling and/or in the operation thermochemical conversion reactors for solid biofuels.
- To be organized and methodical.
- To have the ability to take initiative, prioritize and work under set deadlines and pressure.
- To be flexible and open to new challenges.
- To be analytical and problem solver.
- To have the ability to work independently and in a team.
- The candidate must be oriented to the organization objectives.
- At least, 2 years’ experience in combustion facilities/plants as process o R&D engineer and working with client focused problems.
- Previous experience in fuel characterization as well as skills for the analysis of the ashes and deposits produced in the biomass combustion
- Previous experience in instrumentation, monitoring and/or automation of combustion experimental facilities
Chemical or Mechanical Engineering with Master degree related to Biomass Combustion field or similar.
EURAXESS offer ID: 182272