RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE19/03/2017 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSpain › Zaragoza
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK37,5
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020
We offer a position to work, together with a dedicated team, in different European and national R&D projects funded by the European Union (currently under signature process) addressing the eco-efficiency and competitiveness improvement of bio-based industries and agroindustrial processes.
The selected candidate will take part in the technical, economic and environmental evaluation based on real-life condition bio-refineries and agroindustrial plants analysis. In this sense, he/she will be included in the life - cycle studies (LCA and LCC) and simulation processes, for the evaluation of the environmental, technical and economic impact, as well as the quantification of the emissions reduction. It is expected that the candidate has strong background in process integration to support the interaction between demo cases of the project and in process simulation software (ASPEN Plus and TRNSYS).
We offer a permanent position for you to join a high-tech internationally recognized Research Centre in which your talent, passion and expertise will be fostered. Our flexible and modern working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will enable a sustainable society for tomorrow, taking part of a young team, with high development potential in a highly collaborative working environment.
In addition to Excellence, CIRCE’s values are based on Compromise, Integrity, Respect and Persons Development. In this line, CIRCE is committed to employ disabled individuals and encourages them to apply. Furthermore, CIRCE is aiming for a higher proportion of women in technology and science, so we ask qualified female technologists and scientists to apply. Finally, CIRCE supports a family-friendly workspace. Therefore, applicants with children are highly welcome.
Gross Salary: 30.000 - 39.000€
Interested candidates should send by email to Circe (email@example.com)
- Full CV in Europass format and 1 page summary
- Motivation letter (2 pages limit) indicating the motivation, understanding and knowledge on the topic of the position as well as its possible relation with the previous research experience of the candidate. In addition, please, integrate the following information:
- Description of the simulation tools you are familiar with, as well as the work you have performed with them.
- Explaination of the sustainability chlallenges you have faced regarding bio-based industries and the agroindustrial sector.
- Clients you have work for (if confidential, please, indicate their profile).
- A list of the events (e.g. Congress, Workshops for R&D results presentation, Infodays, etc.) you have participated in the last 2 years.
- Indicate if you have represented your entity or research group in any sector related association or forum (e.g. Technology plarform, Congress Committee, Fairs, Exhibitions Standardization bodies, etc.).
- Electronic copy of the three more relevant publications of the candidate (peer reviwed articles, published deliverables, public reports, scientific news, etc.);
- Up to three contacts persons that could act as references if needed.
Please send the email with the topic "[Bio-based and agroindustrial processes R&D engineer]".
Applications will be continuously evaluated upon reception, and phone interviews will be organised with the selected candidates until the position is filled. Writting and speaking tests may be organized either face to face or online. Travel expenses for attending face to face interviews wil be covered if finally organized.
For any additional information, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Required Research Experiences
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE4 - 10
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELChemistry: Bachelor Degree or equivalentEngineering: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: ExcellentSPANISH: Good
- High technical capability, analytical and problem solving of different physics areas to create and implement innovative solutions to industrial problems.
- High autonomy and ability to work independently developing process simulations.
- Experience working with the technical execution and proposal preparation of R&D&i research projects.
- Peer review publications and congress communications is not compulsory but it will be valued.
- To be organized and methodical.
- To have the ability to take initiative, prioritize and work under set deadlines and pressure.
- To be flexible and open to new challenges.
- To be analytical and problem solver.
- To be team player.
- To have the ability to work independently and in a team.
- To have capacity to interact and build strong relations with diverse team members.
- To have good communication skills.
- The candidate must be oriented to the organization objectives.
- At least, 2 years experience working with ASPEN Plus and TRNSYS.
- At least, 2 years experience working with the technical execution of R&D&i research projects as R&D Engineer or Researcher
- Demonstrable experience designing and/or implementing innovative solutions to industrial problems and generate technical tools through industry understanding.
Degree in Chemical Engineering. Specialization or master degree related to energy engineering system modelling or similar
EURAXESS offer ID: 182260
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.