RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE19/03/2017 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSpain › Zaragoza
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK37,5
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020
We offer a position to work in R&D projects funded by the European Union under the H2020 program (CIRC-PACK: Towards circular economy in the plastic packaging value chain, currently under signature process) based on improving the eco-efficiency and competitiveness of different processes together with a dedicated team.
The candidate is expected to have experience working with new products based on conventional and innovative polymer. The selected candidate will take part in the analysis of the whole current plastic packaging value chain (from feedstock development to plastic waste sorting and recycling or discarding processes), to develop innovation actions addressing not only plastic recycling, but the replacement of fossil resources based polymers by biodegradable biobased materials. Additionally, he/she will participate in the life - cycle studies (LCA and LCC), for the evaluation of the environmental and economic impact, as well as the quantification of the emissions reduction. It is expected that the candidate has strong background in plastic value chain to support the interaction between demo cases of the Project.
We offer a permanent position for you to join a high-tech internationally recognized Research Centre in which your talent, passion and expertise will be fostered. Our flexible and modern working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will enable a sustainable society for tomorrow, taking part of a young team, with high development potential in a highly collaborative working environment.
In addition to Excellence, CIRCE’s values are based on Compromise, Integrity, Respect and Persons Development. In this line, CIRCE is committed to employ disabled individuals and encourages them to apply. Furthermore, CIRCE is aiming for a higher proportion of women in technology and science, so we ask qualified female technologists and scientists to apply. Finally, CIRCE supports a family-friendly workspace. Therefore, applicants with children are highly welcome.
Gross Salary: 30.000 - 39.000€
Interested candidates should send by email to Circe (email@example.com)
- Full CV in Europass format and 1 page summary
- Motivation letter (2 pages limit) indicating the motivation, understanding and knowledge on the topic of the position as well as its possible relation with the previous research experience of the candidate. In addition, please, integrate the following information:
- Description of the technologies, tools and methods you are familitar with regarding circular economy and the plastic sector, including innovative plastic materials.
- Explaination of the sustainability chlallenges you have faced in the plastic sector.
- Clients you have work for (if confidential, please, indicate their profile).
- A list of the events (e.g. Congress, Workshops for R&D results presentation, Infodays, etc.) you have participated in the last 2 years.
- Indicate if you have represented your entity or research group in any sector related association or forum (e.g. Technology plarform, Congress Committee, Fairs, Exhibitions Standardization bodies, etc.).
- Electronic copy of the three more relevant publications of the candidate (peer reviwed articles, published deliverables, public reports, scientific news, etc.);
- Up to three contacts persons that could act as references if needed.
Please send the email with the topic "[Polymers]".
Applications will be continuously evaluated upon reception, and phone interviews will be organised with the selected candidates until the position is filled. Writting and speaking tests may be organized either face to face or online. Travel expenses for attending face to face interviews wil be covered if finally organized.
For any additional information, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Required Research Experiences
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE4 - 10
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELChemistry: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: ExcellentSPANISH: Good
- High technical capability, analytical and problem solving of different physics areas to create and implement innovative solutions to industrial problems.
- High autonomy and ability to work independently developing process simulations.
- Experience working with the technical execution and proposal preparation of R&D&i research projects.
- Life Cycle Assessment knowledge will be valued
- Peer review publications and congress communications is not compulsory but it will be valued.
- To be organized and methodical.
- To have the ability to take initiative, prioritize and work under set deadlines and pressure.
- To be flexible and open to new challenges.
- To be analytical and problem solver.
- To be team player.
- To have the ability to work independently and in a team.
- To have capacity to interact and build strong relations with diverse team members.
- To have good communication skills.
- The candidate must be oriented to the organization objectives.
- At least, 2 years experience working with the technical execution of R&D&i research projects as R&D Engineer or Researcher.
- At least, 2 years experience working with new products based on conventional and innovative polymer as product development engineer and working with client focused problems.
- Demonstrable experience designing and/or implementing innovative solutions to industrial problems and generate technical tools through industry understanding.
Degree in Chemistry, with a specialization or master degree or PhD related to organic chemistry focused on polymers or similar.
EURAXESS offer ID: 182255