RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE19/03/2017 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSpain › Zaragoza
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK37,5
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020
The candidate will participate in the project VULKANO funded by the European Union under the H2020 Program (Grant Agreement number 723803). The project aims to improve the eco-efficiency and competitiveness of industrial furnaces, addressing and optimising the process design and its energy and environmental performance considering the whole production process (upstream/downstream processes) in the ceramic, steel and aluminium sectors.
In the framework of VULKANO project, CIRCE is looking for an R&D Engineer or Researcher to develop the concept design of energy recovery systems using Phase Change Materials (PCM) at high temperature. Moreover, he/she will support the integration of these systems into a new decision support tool that will be implemented in a holistic in-house modular software aiming to enhance the sustainability and competitiveness of the related industries. Therefore, knowledge regarding the sectors involved in the project, as well as in their related processes and equipment will be required.
Furthermore, the candidate is expected to have experience in the operation of industrial furnaces, as well as in the preparation an execution of research projects funded in public calls. Finally, experience in modelling and simulation of industrial processes is desirable.
We offer a permanent position for you to join a high-tech internationally recognized Research Centre in which your talent, passion and expertise will be fostered. Our flexible and modern working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will enable a sustainable society for tomorrow, taking part of a young team, with high development potential in a highly collaborative working environment.
In addition to Excellence, CIRCE’s values are based on Compromise, Integrity, Respect and Persons Development. In this line, CIRCE is committed to employ disabled individuals and encourages them to apply. Furthermore, CIRCE is aiming for a higher proportion of women in technology and science, so we ask qualified female technologists and scientists to apply. Finally, CIRCE supports a family-friendly workspace. Therefore, applicants with children are highly welcome.
Gross Salary: 30.000 - 39.000€
Interested candidates should send by email to Circe (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Full CV in Europass format and 1 page summary
- Motivation letter (2 pages limit) indicating the motivation, understanding and knowledge on the topic of the position as well as its possible relation with the previous research experience of the candidate. In addition, please, integrate the following information:
- Description of the technologies regarding industrial furnaces, energy recovery systems, as well as monitoring and decission support systems toos, you are familiar with.
- Explaination of the sustainability chlallenges you have faced in the sectors addressed by the call.
- Clients you have work for (if confidential, please, indicate their profile).
- A list of the events (e.g. Congress, Workshops for R&D results presentation, Infodays, etc.) you have participated in the last 2 years.
- Indicate if you have represented your entity or research group in any sector related association or forum (e.g. Technology plarform, Congress Committee, Fairs, Exhibitions Standardization bodies, etc.).
- Electronic copy of the three more relevant publications of the candidate (peer reviwed articles, published deliverables, public reports, scientific news, etc.);
- Up to three contacts persons that could act as references if needed.
Please send the email with the topic "[Furnace R&D Engineer]"
Applications will be continuously evaluated upon reception, and phone interviews will be organised with the selected candidates until the position is filled. Writting and speaking tests may be organized either face to face or online. Travel expenses for attending face to face interviews wil be covered if finally organized.
For any additional information, you can send an email to email@example.com
Required Research Experiences
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE4 - 10
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELEngineering: Bachelor Degree or equivalentMathematics: Master Degree or equivalentComputer science: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: ExcellentSPANISH: Good
- High technical capability, analytical and problem solving of different physics areas to create and implement innovative solutions to industrial problems.
- High autonomy and ability to work independently developing process simulations
- Peer review publications and congress communications is not compulsory but it will be valued.
- To be organized and methodical.
- To have the ability to take initiative, prioritize and work under set deadlines and pressure.
- To be flexible and open to new challenges.
- To be analytical and problem solver.
- To have capacity to interact and build strong relations with diverse team members.
- To have good communication skills.
- To be results oriented.
- At least, 2 years experience working with industrial furnaces as process or production engineer and working with client focused problems.
- At least, 2 years experience working with the technical execution and proposal preparation of R&D&i research projects as R&D Engineer or Researcher.
- Demonstrable experience designing and/or implementing innovative solutions to industrial problems and generating technical tools through industry understanding.
Degree in Industrial or Chemical Engineering.Specialization or master degree related to Mathematics and Computer Science or closed areas.
EURAXESS offer ID: 182252