RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE19/03/2017 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSpain › Zaragoza
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK37,5
The candidate will contribute to the development and implementation of tools and methods ready to analyse, diagnose and propose solutions able to contribute to a zero-emission mobility vision in urban environments at different geographical scales (districts, cities and suburb areas).
Therefore, the applicants are expected to have knowledge on traffic and travel avoidance (e.g. planning and location policy), optimization of the use of the existing infrastructure and vehicles (public transport, parking management, load factors increase, city and transport planning and governance, innovative use of passenger transport means), optimal design and use of multi-modal hubs and terminals or support for modal shift towards more efficient transport modes. Experience on quantification and evaluation of impacts from the mobility plans and measures on air pollutants is desired.
We offer a permanent position for you to join a high-tech internationally recognized Research Centre in which your talent, passion and expertise will be fostered. Our flexible and modern working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will enable a sustainable society for tomorrow, taking part of a young team, with high development potential in a highly collaborative working environment.
In addition to Excellence, CIRCE’s values are based on Compromise, Integrity, Respect and Persons Development. In this line, CIRCE is committed to employ disabled individuals and encourages them to apply. Furthermore, CIRCE is aiming for a higher proportion of women in technology and science, so we ask qualified female technologists and scientists to apply. Finally, CIRCE supports a family-friendly workspace. Therefore, applicants with children are highly welcome.
Gross Salary: 30.000 - 39.000€
Interested candidates should send by email to Circe (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Full CV in Europass format and 1 page summary
- Motivation letter (2 pages limit) indicating the motivation, understanding and knowledge on the topic of the position as well as its possible relation with the previous research experience of the candidate. In addition, please, integrate the following information:
- Description of the tools you have used, as well as the work you have performed with, including developed methodologies.
- Explaination of the mobility chlallenges you have faced.
- Clients you have work for (if confidential, please, indicate their profile).
- A list of the events (e.g. Congress, Workshops for R&D results presentation, Infodays, etc.) you have participated in the last 2 years.
- Indicate if you have represented your entity or research group in any sector related association or forum (e.g. Technology plarform, Congress Committee, Fairs, Exhibitions Standardization bodies, etc.).
- Electronic copy of the three more relevant publications of the candidate (peer reviwed articles, published deliverables, public reports, scientific news, etc.);
- Up to three contact persons that could act as references if needed.
Please send the email with the topic "[Sustainable Movility Engineer]".
Applications will be continuously evaluated upon reception, and phone interviews will be organised with the selected candidates until the position is filled. Writting and speaking tests may be organized either face to face or online. Travel expenses for attending face to face interviews wil be covered if finally organized.
For any additional information, you can send an email to email@example.com
Required Research Experiences
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE4 - 10
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELEngineering: Bachelor Degree or equivalentOther: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: ExcellentSPANISH: Good
- Having Scientific knowledge (state of the art) in the field of work.
- Research and quantitative skills will be valued.
- Having proven competences in programming for modelling or related. Knowledge of Geographic Information Gystems (GIS) will be valued.
- Applied research related to sustainability and mobility impacts evaluation. GHG emissions calculation and modelling experience will be valued.
- Being organized and methodical.
- Having the ability to take initiative, prioritize and work under set deadlines and pressure.
- Being flexible and open to new challenges.
- Being analytical and problem solver.
- Being able to work independently and creatively, as well as in synergy within a team
The following other specific requirements are expected from candidates:
- Showing good command of the methodology and tools to develop knowledge, applicable in the mid and long term.
- Efficiently executing projects to high quality standards.
- Proposing innovative project ideas towards a more sustainable scenario.
- Applying know-how to develop new solutions.
- Keeping up-to-date with market trends, the latest in the sector and new applications.
- Contributing to prepare project proposals putting forward solutions to the problems that related sectors will be faced with in order to calculate their impact.
- Participating in R&D projects and taking on tasks with responsibilities and deliverables.
- Applying know-how to develop new solutions, knowing how to detect technological barriers and needs.
- PhD degree is not compulsory but it will be valued.
- Peer review publications and congress communications is not compulsory but it will be valued.
EURAXESS offer ID: 182212
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.