RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE19/03/2017 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSpain › Zaragoza
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK37,5
CIRCE is looking for a candidate to develop robust model predictive control (MPC) algorithms for its application to the manufacturing industry. A plant-wide approach is required in order to propose control schemes for decentralised systems. The candidate will be in charge of multi-objective optimization of the production process, aiming to enhance its cost efficiency and environmental friendliness. Background on the deployment of these solutions at real facilities is required, knowledge in the automotive, home appliance and/or food sectors is desired.
We offer a permanent position for you to join a high-tech internationally recognized Research Centre in which your talent, passion and expertise will be fostered. Our flexible and modern working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will enable a sustainable society for tomorrow, taking part of a young team, with high development potential in a highly collaborative working environment.
In addition to Excellence, CIRCE’s values are based on Compromise, Integrity, Respect and Persons Development. In this line, CIRCE is committed to employ disabled individuals and encourages them to apply. Furthermore, CIRCE is aiming for a higher proportion of women in technology and science, so we ask qualified female technologists and scientists to apply. Finally, CIRCE supports a family-friendly workspace. Therefore, applicants with children are highly welcome.
Gross Salary: 30.000 - 39.000€
Interested candidates should send by email to Circe (email@example.com)
- Full CV in Europass format and 1 page summary
- Motivation letter (2 pages limit) indicating the motivation, understanding and knowledge on the topic of the position as well as its possible relation with the previous research experience of the candidate. In addition, please, integrate the following information:
- Description of the modeling tools you have used, as well as the work you have performed with.
- List of the manufacturers / technology providers you have work with in the production control field.
- Clients you have work for (if confidential, please, indicate their profile).
- A list of the events (e.g. Congress, Workshops for R&D results presentation, Infodays, etc.) you have participated in the last 2 years.
- Indicate if you have represented your entity or research group in any sector related association or forum (e.g. Technology plarform, Congress Committee, Fairs, Exhibitions Standardization bodies, etc.).
- Electronic copy of the three more relevant publications of the candidate (peer reviwed articles, published deliverables, public reports, scientific news, etc.);
- Up to three contacts persons that could act as references if needed.
Please send the email with the topic "[Production Control Algorithms Development Engineer]".
Applications will be continuously evaluated upon reception, and phone interviews will be organised with the selected candidates until the position is filled. Writting and speaking tests may be organized either face to face or online. Travel expenses for attending face to face interviews wil be covered if finally organized.
For any additional information, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Required Research Experiences
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE4 - 10
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELMathematics: Bachelor Degree or equivalentEngineering: Bachelor Degree or equivalentPhysics: Bachelor Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: ExcellentSPANISH: Good
- Having scientific knowledge (state of the art) in the field of work.
- Research and quantitative skills will be valued.
- Having proven competencies in modelling and simulation tools (Matlab, etc.).
- Applied research related to control algorithm creation.
- Being organized and methodical.
- Having the ability to take initiative, prioritize and work under set deadlines and pressure.
- Being flexible and open to new challenges.
- Being analytical and problem solver.
- Being able to work independently and creatively, as well as in synergy within a team.
- Having good oral and written communication skills.
He/She should demonstrate experience in:
- Showing good command of the methodology and tools to develop knowledge, applicable in the mid and long term regarding manufacturing and process control systems.
- Efficiently executing projects to high quality standards.
- Proposing innovative project ideas towards a more sustainable scenario.
- Applying know-how to develop new solutions.
- Keeping up-to-date with market trends, the latest in the sector and new applications.
- Peer review publications and congress communications are not compulsory but they will be valued.
- Contributing to prepare project proposals putting forward solutions to the problems that related sectors will be faced with in order to calculate their impact.
- Participating in R&D projects and taking on tasks with responsibilities and deliverables.
- Applying know-how to develop new solutions, knowing how to detect technological barriers and needs.
Degree in Engineering or Science (Math, Physics, etc.) with a specialization or master degree related to Modelling & Simulation, Control systems. PhD will be a plus.
EURAXESS offer ID: 182200