RESEARCH FIELDEngineering › Electrical engineering
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE19/03/2017 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSpain › Zaragoza
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK37,5
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEFP7
The selected candidate will participate playing a leading role in network studies, applying his/her expertise in power systems in tasks such as evaluation of power systems stability, transmission networks capacity, flexibility and holding capacity, analysis of the impact of connection of new generation sources in the network (grid codes fulfillment verification), modelling of generators and control systems in simulation platforms and impact assessment of the implementation of new technologies in the power system (scalability and replicability analysis, KPIs definition and evaluation).
The candidate will participate in the project BestPaths funded by the European Union under the FP7 Program (Grant Agreement number 612748). The project implements 5 demonstration projects aimed at allow transmission systems to remove several barriers which prevent large-scale penetration of renewable electricity production in the European transmission network. The selected candidate will participate in the Integrated global assessment of the different demo projects performing European impact analyses to show the scalability of the solutions, providing routes for replication and benefits for the pan-European transmission network and the European electricity market.
We offer a permanent position for you to join a high-tech internationally recognized Research Centre in which your talent, passion and expertise will be fostered. Our flexible and modern working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will enable a sustainable society for tomorrow, taking part of a young team, with high development potential in a highly collaborative working environment.
In addition to Excellence, CIRCE’s values are based on Compromise, Integrity, Respect and Persons Development. In this line, CIRCE is committed to employ disabled individuals and encourages them to apply. Furthermore, CIRCE is aiming for a higher proportion of women in technology and science, so we ask qualified female technologists and scientists to apply. Finally, CIRCE supports a family-friendly workspace. Therefore, applicants with children are highly welcome.
Gross Salary: 30.000 - 39.000€
Interested candidates should send by email to Circe (email@example.com)
- Full CV in Europass format and 1 page summary
- Motivation letter (2 pages limit) indicating the motivation, understanding and knowledge on the topic of the position as well as its possible relation with the previous research experience of the candidate. In addition, please, integrate the following information:
- A description of the work you have performed using PSS/E and DIgSILENT Powerfactory, as well as the studies you have perfermed to analyse the Tansmission Network behaviour.
- The clients you have work for (if confidential, please, indicate their profile).
- A list of the events (e.g. Congress, Workshops for R&D results presentation, Infodays, etc.) in which you have participated in the last 2 years.
- Indicate if you have represented your entity or research group in any sector related association or forum (e.g. Technology plarform, Congress Committee, Fairs, Exhibitions Standardization bodies, etc.).
- Electronic copy of the three more relevant publications of the candidate (peer reviwed articles, published deliverables, public reports, scientific news, etc.)
- Up to three contacts persons that could act as references if needed.
Please send the email with the topic "[Electric Power Systems Expert]".
Applications will be continuously evaluated upon reception, and phone interviews will be organised with the selected candidates until the position is filled. Writting and speaking tests may be organized either face to face or online. Travel expenses for attending face to face interviews wil be covered by CIRCE if finally organized.
For any additional information, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Required Research Experiences
RESEARCH FIELDEngineering › Electrical engineering
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE4 - 10
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELEngineering: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: ExcellentSPANISH: Good
- Able to put forward technical solutions to meet the needs of research projects related to medium and high voltage energy networks.
- Proactive in suggesting improvements in project execution.
- Result-driven, accountable and ready to assume responsibility on deliverables.
- Understanding the challenges in the energy sector, spetially in the power systems field.
- Passionate by research and new technologies in the energy sector, being update on the technological trends in the field of smart grids and energy netwoks.
- Team player and open minded.
- Good communicator able to build sustainable relationships.
The position requires technical expertise in electric power systems and in the performing of network studies using simulation tools, specifically DIgSILENT Powerfactory and/or PSS/E. The typologies of the required network studies are, among others, the analysis of the impact of connection of new generation sources in the network (grid codes fulfillment verification), analysis of power flows (considering losses, transformer taps setting), short-circuits, LVRT/HVRT, Q-V and P-f regulation, inrush impact on voltages, modelling of generators and control systems in simulation platforms, analysis of transmission network capacity, power system stability, power system flexibility, renewable energy hosting capacity, power system inertia, impact assessment of the implementation of new technologies in the power system (scalability and replicability analysis, KPIs definition and evaluation).
The candidate will participate in international meetings, so it is needed to have availability to travel and participate and take the leadership in meetings with international partners and/or clients.
PhD in the field will be a plus.
EURAXESS offer ID: 182188
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.