ORGANISATION/COMPANYU1054 INSERM/Centre of Structural Biochemistry (CBS)
RESEARCH FIELDPhysics › Biophysics
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/03/2017 18:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONFrance › Montpellier
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK38,3
OFFER STARTING DATE04/06/2017
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER721874
The “Structure and Dynamics of Membrane Assemblies” team of Pierre-Emmanuel Milhiet at the Centre of Structural Biology (CBS, France) is looking for a highly motivated early stage researcher (PhD student) for developing advanced correlative fluorescence - atomic force microscopy (AFM) methods to study biological samples. The project is strongly interdisciplinary, at the interface between physics and biology.
The contract will be within the framework of the SPM2.0 Marie Sk-Curie European Training Network (MSCA-ITN-2016-721874), whose objective is to train a new generation of early stage researchers in the most advanced Scanning Probe Microscopy techniques.
- Full time 3 years contract, very competitive salary and mobility allowance.
- Stimulating interdisciplinary research and high quality scientific environment
- Starting date: From 1st April to 1st September 2017.
*CBS (http://www.cbs.cnrs.fr) is an Institute dedicated to research at the forefront of structural biology and biophysics. It also proposes facilities in these fields. Montpellier is a stunning city on the French Riviera with a significant international community. The research of PE Milhiet's group is focused on the development and use of advanced microscopies (AFM and single molecule fluorescence microscopy) to decipher the molecular mechanisms associated to the organization and remodeling of biological membranes. The group includes 10 people with 4 permanent researchers.
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
- Training in physics (Degree and Master completed before the contract starting date).
- Experience in optics, photonics, electronics, and/or in AFM.
- High level of English and good communication skills.
- Computer literacy, analytical skills. Matlab, Python and NI-Labview experience will be positively considered.
- Ability to organize research within the project schedule and effective team working
Marie-Curie fellowship Mobility requirement:
At the time of recruitment by the CBS, candidates must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work or studies) in France for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to their recruitment.
EURAXESS offer ID: 181305
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.