ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstitute for Bioengineering of Catalonia
RESEARCH FIELDChemistry › BiochemistryEngineering
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE28/02/2017 23:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONSpain › Barcelona
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE12/12/2016
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
REFERENCE NUMBERRef. MC-GG2
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER721874
The Nanoscale Bioelectrical Characterization Group at the Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) is looking for an Early Stage Researcher (PhD student) to develop his PhD thesis project on the label-free mapping of biological membranes' composition with nanoscale spatial resolution. The contract will be within the framework of the SPM2.0 Marie Skłodowska-Curie European Training Network (MSCA-ITN-2016-721874), whose objective is to train a new generation of early stage researchers in the most advanced Scanning Probe Microscopy techniques.
The successful candidate will develop research involving:
- Multicomponent lipid bilayer and natural bio membrane preparation techniques
- High resolution topographic imaging techniques (e.g. Atomic Force Microscopy)
- High resolution nanoscale dielectric measurement techniques (e.g. Electrostatic Force Microscopy)
- Full time 3 year contract. Very competitive salary. Starting date: From 1st March to 1st September 2017.
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high quality international scientific environment
- M. v. Hofstadt et al., ACS Nano (2016)
- A. Dols-Pérez et al., Nanoscale 7, 18327 (2015)
- D. Esteban-Ferrer et al., ACS Nano 8, 9843 (2014)
- A. Cuervo et al., PNAS E3624 (2014)
- L. Fumagalli et al. Nature Materials 808, 11 (2012)
- Degree and Master on any field on Physics, Chemistry, Biotechnology or Engineering (this requirement has to be fulfilled before the contract staring date (September 2017 or earlier), not at the closing date of application)
- Multidisciplinary qualifications (Physics/Bio, Engineering/Bio, etc.), knowledge on Nanotechnology, specifically on Scanning Probe Microscopies will be a plus.
- Self-critical, capacity to learn and bring knowledge, High level of English
- High motivation and ability to be involved in an international multidisciplinary team, Excellent team working and communication skills
Marie-Curie fellowship Mobility requirement:
At the time of recruitment by IBEC, candidates must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work or
studies) in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to their recruitment.
EURAXESS offer ID: 162567