ORGANISATION/COMPANYBio Nano Consulting
RESEARCH FIELDMedical sciences › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE28/04/2017 23:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONUnited Kingdom › London
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK37.5
OFFER STARTING DATE03/07/2017
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER721874
Bio Nano Consulting has one full-time PhD
Studentship available for a project to study living cells-nanoparticle
interactions for nanotoxicity applications. The successful candidate will be
part of the Bio Nano Consulting team, and will be a member of an international
collaborative research project (H2020 MSCA-ITN-2016 Marie-Skłodowska-Curie
Innovative Training Networks). They will be registered for a PhD degree at
Imperial College London based in the laboratory of Professor Tony Cass in
the Chemistry Department. This is an excellent opportunity to pursue research
in nanoscience with a strong industrial flavour. The post is offered for a
period of 36 months.
The post is funded through Marie-Skłodowska-Curie ITN project, The post is funded through Marie Curie ITN project, so the salary is fixed and not negotiable. We also offer a stakeholder pension scheme and 25 days annual leave.
Eligibility requirements for the Marie Curie Initial Training Network stipulate that the candidate must not have resided or carried out his/her main activity in UK recently. Furthermore, the candidate must be, at the time of recruitment, in the first four years of his/her research career, measured from the date when he/she obtained the qualification which would entitle him/her to embark on a doctorate. If you do not meet these criteria your application cannot be considered further.
Bio Nano Consulting is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. Applications from equity target groups and women are encouraged to apply.
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
Important notes: Eligibility requirements for the Marie Curie Initial Training Network stipulate that the candidate must not have resided or carried out his/her main activity in UK recently. Furthermore, the candidate must be, at the time of recruitment, in the first four years of his/her research career, measured from the date when he/she obtained the qualification which would entitle him/her to embark on a doctorate. If you do not meet these criteria your application cannot be considered further.
Skills and Abilities
· ability to conduct a comprehensive but succinct review of recent literature
· a good understanding of experimental design and the ability to implement experimental procedures safely and effectively
· creative approach to problem-solving
· good written communication skills and the ability to write clearly and succinctly for publication
· ability to organise and prioritise work in response to deadlines
· advanced computing and IT skills, including data analysis, spreadsheets, word-processing, reference databases, and the Internet
· willingness to work as part of a team and to be open-minded and cooperative
· flexible attitude towards work
· highly self-motivated
· disciplined with regard to confidentiality and security at all times
· willingness to undertake any necessary training for the role
EURAXESS offer ID: 158835
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.