RESEARCH FIELDPhysics › Optics
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE11/12/2016 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSpain › DONOSTIA
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/02/2017
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER721874
Sebastian, Spain) is looking for an early stage researcher (PhD student)
to develop methods for subsurface and depth-resolved infrared
nanoimaging and nanospectroscopy based on scattering-type scanning
near-field optical microscopy (s-SNOM) and nanoscale Fourier transform
infrared (nano-FTIR) spectroscopy, and to demonstrate their capabilities
with the chemical mapping of polymer nanocomposite materials.
SPM2.0 Marie Curie Initial Training Network (721874), which aims at
training a whole generation of researchers in the most advanced SPM
techniques able to address the challenge of sub-surface, high speed and
composition sensitive imaging of materials with sub-10 nm resolution.
s-SNOM and nano-FTIR spectroscopy experiments on nanocomposite materials
Improving instrumentation and methodology for sub-surface s-SNOM and nano-FTIR
Theoretical modeling of sub-surface infrared near-field contrasts
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Web site for additional job details
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
- Degree and Master in Physics, Physical Chemistry, Chemistry or Materials Sciences/Engineering (completed before the contract starting date).
- Multidisciplinary qualifications (Physics/Chemistry, Physics/Materials Sciences, etc.).
- Practical experience with Scanning Probe Microscopies, particularly s-SNOM
- Good knowledge in optics, particularly near-field and nanooptics.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English is compulsory.
- Computer literacy, analytical skills and effective team working.
EURAXESS offer ID: 157928
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.