ORGANISATION/COMPANYKeysight Technologies GMBH
RESEARCH FIELDEngineering › Electrical engineering
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/11/2016 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONAustria › Wien
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK38.5
OFFER STARTING DATE01/01/2017
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER721874
You will contribute to the development and optimization of Keysight RF (radio-frequency, Gigahertz frequency & microwave frequency) test equipment, in particular vector network analysers, including software for controlling the network analyser. Measurements at low signal levels and advanced physics materials will be performed including data analysis and physics modeling, followed by reporting and discussion within the wider Keysight team. You are interested in microwave technology and materials physics type of application, including single molecule physics.
Scientific working style and scientific publishing is encouraged according to Keysight Labs and company rules. This allows also participation at University lectures and the goal is to achieve a PhD degree within this framework.
The position will from time to time require traveling to meet with the partners within the Marie Curie consortium, including few weeks secondments at partner institutions. The visits will allow you also to better understand the collaboration partner’s measurement test needs and requirements. The work will also require regular communication and alignment with Keysight colleagues across the world.
Profile & Qualifications
We are looking for a candidate, fluent in English (written and oral) with a passion for electrical engineering and RF instruments (network analysis), and interested in materials physics. You are open minded, rigorous in reporting progress and willing to endorse new test methods. You have the following skills:
• A background within electrical engineering with interests in RF measurements and materials physics. Alternatively, a background in materials physics with interests in RF electrical engineering.
• As good team player, you like working in small teams in an international environment where a good communication internally as well as externally is crucial.
• Clear communication skills to engage with key partners in the Marie Curie project and within Keysight.
• In addition to the formal qualifications, selection is also based on the performance of the candidates in other works (e.g. thesis and advanced level courses), as well as through interviews and assignments.
• Besides good subject knowledge, emphasis will be on creative thinking, motivation, ability to cooperate, initiative to work independently and personal suitability for research training.
• According to EU Marie Curie project regulations, candidate students cannot have resided for more than 12 months during the period of 3 years immediately before the start of the job in the prospective host country (example: a candidate who has stayed in Austria for more than 12 months between Jan 2014 and Dec 2016 cannot be hired within this project). Furthermore, you should still be an 'early stage' researcher with no more than 4 years experience in R&D.
EURAXESS offer ID: 126343
EURAXESS old offer ID: 34110808