The “University of Salamanca Programme to Foster Research Excellence'' (USAL4EXCELLENCE) is an initiative of the University of Salamanca (USAL), which aims to attract 40 Experienced Researchers (ERs) positions for 30 months in two calls of 20 positions per each, in order to build a critical mass of scientific leaders with the necessary skills and knowledge to develop and implement research projects that will aid European sustainable socio-economic development. USAL4EXCELLENCE attempts to achieve this purpose by fostering international collaboration in research, and by enhancing knowledge and technology transfer between academia and industry.
Each fellowship will last 30 months, assuring proper project implementation. Fellows will be hosted at USAL and they will have the opportunity and freedom to choose their destination for two secondments. Thus, fellows will have a mandatory period at USAL during the first 24 months (except for a voluntary secondment which should be started at least after 6 months at USAL), and a mandatory secondment during the last 6 months of the fellowship.
The applicants should choose their research topic freely within all academic areas:
- Chemistry (CHE)
- Social Sciences and Humanities (SOC)
- Economic Sciences (ECO)
- Information Science and Engineering (ENG)
- Environment and Geosciences (ENV)
- Life Sciences (LIF)
- Mathematics (MAT)
- Physics (PHY)
NOTE 1: In their online Application, the applicants should choose only one research topic from this list. Please be aware that during evaluation process, applications will be grouped according to selected research topics (for more details about the criteria for fellowship assignment, please refer to section 6 of this guidelines)
NOTE 2: In their online Application, the applicants should also choose at least three descriptors (MSCA-List of Descriptors, Annex 1) carefully, and in order of importance, since this will guide the Management Team in the selection of experts for proposal evaluation (for more details about the application process, please refer to section 5 of this guidelines). Selected descriptors may be associated with different research topics.
- It is mandatory to hold a Doctoral degree or at least four years’ full-time research experience by the time of the call deadline. No age and nationality restrictions will be applied.
- USAL4EXCELLENCE welcomes applicants from any nationalities but they may not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the call deadline.
- All applicants must be proficient in English. Thus, they may upload a certificate of proficiency in English (minimum C1 level as measured by CEFR, Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) or, alternatively, they will have to demonstrate (only the 40 highest ranked candidates) their command over the English language through an English language proficiency test (which is not an official certificate) run by USAL Language Centre. Although candidates may opt for this second option, all selected applicants will be highly encouraged by USAL4EXCELLENCE Management Team to have available an official english certificate (minimum C1 level) before signing the contract.
Deadline: 15 February 2021