- Offer Deadline
- EU Research Framework Programme
- Not funded by an EU programme
- Organisation / Company
- IBIMA C-06 Neuropsychopharmacology
- Is the Hosting related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
- Organisation / Company Type
- Public Research Institution
- Postal Code
- Severo Ochoa, 35
We are looking for candidates to apply to IBIMA’s research positions, funded by La Caixa “Incoming Doctoral INPhINIT Fellowships” call 2023 (https://fundacionlacaixa.org/en/inphinit-doctoral-fellowships-incoming). Clicking on this link you will find the call’s guidelines (including application rules and conditions).
- Hosting institution: Instituto de Investigación Biomédica de Málaga (IBIMA. Plataforma BIONAND), Málaga (Spain)
- Leader: PhD. Antonia Serrano
- Study area: Neuropharmacology
- Title: Role of the Monoacylglycerol- and Lysophosphatidic Acid-mediated Lipid Signalling Systems in the Association between Alcohol Use Disorder and Depression: Identification of Biomarkers
- Duration: 3 years
- Grant amount: Up to 125.400 € + training
Activity and Training: Alcohol is the most commonly used drug in the general population worldwide, and a substantial number of individuals develop alcohol use disorder (AUD), which represents a public health problem. AUD is associated with a wide range of health consequences, including a higher risk of suffering other psychiatric disorders, such as mood disorders, anxiety disorders, and even other substance use disorders. This proposal aims to characterize the role of relevant lipid signaling systems [i.e., monoacylglycerols (MAG) and lysophosphatidic acids (LPA)] in the association between a chronic alcohol exposure and the development of depressive symptoms linked (or not) to the abstinence, using patients diagnosed with AUD and animal models.
In order to be eligible, candidates must:
- Be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and not yet have been awarded a doctoral degree.
- Hold a higher education degree that makes them eligible to enrol in a doctoral programme.
- Have resided in Spain for less than 12 months in the last 3 years.
- Demonstrable level of English (B2 or higher).
Desired candidate profile:
- Student in Life Sciences or Biomedicine
- Desired education level 1: Biology, Biochemistry, Psychology, Pharmacy
- Desired experience (not essential):
- Main research field: Molecular and Cellular Biology
- Sub-research field: Psychology and Translational research
- Techniques/skills: laboratory techniques based on molecular biology (e.g., real-time qPCR, Western blot, etc.)
Should you be interested in applying to this offer, do not hesitate to contact IBIMA’s International Projects Office (firstname.lastname@example.org). We will be happy to help.