- Offer Deadline
- EU Research Framework Programme
- Not funded by an EU programme
- Organisation / Company
- IBIMA B-01 Clinical and translational research in Cancer
- Is the Hosting related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
- Organisation / Company Type
- Public Research Institution
- Postal Code
- Severo Ochoa, 35
We are looking for candidates to apply to IBIMA’s research positions, funded by La Caixa “Incoming Doctoral INPhINIT Fellowships” call 2023 (https://fundacionlacaixa.org/en/inphinit-doctoral-fellowships-incoming). Clicking on this link you will find the call’s guidelines (including application rules and conditions).
- Hosting institution: Instituto de Investigación Biomédica de Málaga (IBIMA. Plataforma BIONAND), Málaga (Spain)
- Leader: PhD Emilio Alba Conejo
- Study area: Oncology, Breast cancer
- Title: Liquid biopsy as a prediction tool in neoadjuvant and metastatic therapies in patients with breast cancer
- Duration: 3 years
- Grant amount: Up to 125.400 € + training
Activity and Training: The research project proposed for this position will be developed in the field of breast cancer and will focus on the use of different OMICAS for the study of liquid biopsy in different disease situations, in order to
a. Carry out a prognostic and predictive stratification of the benefit of neoadjuvant therapy in these patients, detecting and characterizing the residual disease after this type of treatment.
b. Genetic characterization of breast cancer relapsed and/or metastatic.
c. Characterize breast cancer genetically in situations of disease progression that predict or lead to the death of patients.
In order to be eligible, candidates must:
- Be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and not yet have been awarded a doctoral degree.
- Hold a higher education degree that makes them eligible to enrol in a doctoral programme.
- Have resided in Spain for less than 12 months in the last 3 years.
- Demonstrable level of English (B2 or higher).
Desired candidate profile:
- Student in Life Sciences or Biomedicine
- Desired education level 1: Medicine, biology, biotechnology…
- Desired experience (not essential):
- Main research field: Breast cancer
- Sub-research field: Molecular biology
- Techniques/skills: Human samples, clinical and molecular data management, gene expression signatures, NGS, study of CTCs and cfDNA, bioinformatic and statistical analysis of the data
Should you be interested in applying to this offer, do not hesitate to contact IBIMA’s International Projects Office (email@example.com). We will be happy to help.