The EPFL Blue Brain Project (BBP), situated on the Campus Biotech in Geneva, Switzerland, applies advanced neuroinformatics, data analytics, high-performance computing and simulation-based approaches to the challenge of understanding the structure and function of the mammalian brain in health and disease. The BBP provides the community with regular releases of data, models and tools to accelerate neuroscience discovery and clinical translation through open science and global collaboration.
Within the Simulation Neuroscience Division we are looking for a Post-doctoral Researcher in Human Microcircuits (W/M).
Main duties and responsibilities include:
The goal of this project is to characterize the physiology and anatomy of the complex connectivity between cortical neurons using acute brain slices.
The successful candidate for this position would be responsible for characterizing individual cells, with particular focus on neocortical interneurons and their local connectivity and also leading comparative projects determining differences and similarities between human and rodent cells and cortical networks. Data from this project will be used to create a comprehensive biophysical model of the BBP human cortical circuit.
- PhD in Biology, Neuroscience, or related fields
- Background in Neurobiology research
- Knowledge of electrophysiology and standard laboratory protocols
- Experience in scientific research of rodent animal models
- Strong team player and fluent English in speech and writing
Are nice to have:
- Background in human tissue research
- Spoken and written French
- Experience in multiple patch clamp electrophysiology
- Knowledge of scientific computing software (python, Matlab, C++)
- An internationally visible project in simulation-based research in neuroscience having a leading role in the "Blue Brain Project"
- A dynamic, multidisciplinary, international and collaborative working environment committed to benefitting the global community
- A modern working environment, based at the Biotech Campus in Geneva Sécheron
As soon as possible
Term of employment:
1 year, renewable
Only candidates who applied through EPFL website or our partner Jobup’s website will be considered.