ORGANISEREuroScience Open Forum
What is ESOF?
ESOF (EuroScience Open Forum) is the largest interdisciplinary science meeting in Europe. It is dedicated to scientific research and innovation and offers a unique framework for interaction and debate for scientists, innovators, policy makers, business people and the general public.
Created in 2004 by EuroScience, this biennial European forum brings together over 4 000 researchers, educators, business actors, policy makers and journalists from all over the world to discuss breakthroughs in science. More than 40% of the participants are students and young researchers.
- 4000+ delegates from 80+ countries
- 400+ journalists and science communicators
- 150+ conferences, workshops and scientific sessions
- 200+ events open to the general public, attended by more than 35 000 participants
What to expect at ESOF?
Taking part in ESOF is a unique opportunity to:
- further knowledge on the challenges and breakthroughs in research, innovation and their relation to society;
- create links, exchange and debate with leaders of the scientific community worldwide in an interdisciplinary context;
- communicate the latest news on scientific research and innovation to an international audience;
- develop a network in view of building a research career.
The Careers Programme will be an exceptional Careers Fair, which will enable young researchers, educational institutes and industrial actors to address the issues surrounding the challenges and opportunities for careers in Europe.
4 themes will be highlighted during ESOF Toulouse 2018:
- Successful career for European researchers in the global context
- Social utility of researchers in Europe and beyond
- European and global scientific community
- Added value and characteristics of evolving research-based careers
Science to Business programme
The Science-to-Business programme will be a unique platform in Europe to exchange ideas and good practices from around the world on research-driven business models and on the economic developments resulting from technological innovation.
12 themes with a special input on business trends and future will be highlighted:
- Business Networks
- Business to Science, Innovator’s thinking
- Climate Change
- Business Trends in Transport Technologies
- Business in a Digital World
- Tourism, New way of life
- Innovation Challenges of the Silver Economy
- Human Factors and Persons first in Business – the Industry of the Future
- Science, Research and Entrepreneurship
- Change of the Entrepreneurial Paradigm
- Security and Safety
- Responsible Research and Innovation