Research Features are excited to announce their first ‘Women in Science’ focus issue will be published on Thursday 8th March to coincide with International Women’s Day.
The issue features women researchers working in a variety of fields and includes a special ‘round table’ feature: Why are women still underrepresented in the world of scientific research? What needs to be done to tackle this?
Key figures in the campaign for gender equality in science give their views: Professor Alice Roberts, Professor of Public Engagement and Science at the University of Birmingham; Dr Brigitte Mühlenbruch, Honorary President of the European Platform of Women Scientists EPWS; Helen Wollaston, Chief Executive at the WISE Campaign; Karina O’Gorman, Head of Corporate Social Responsibility at L'Oréal UK and Ireland; the Honourable Kirsty Duncan, Canadian Minister of Science and Minister of Sport and Persons with Disabilities; and Dr Shirley Malcom, Head of Education and Human Resources Programs at the American Association for the Advancement of Science.
With this issue we aim to celebrate the fantastic work being conducted by women around the world, highlight the importance of a diverse workforce and examine the challenges currently facing female researchers.
Professor Diana Brydon, Distinguished Professor and Canada Research Chair at St. John's College University of Manitoba, is a firm believer in the need for progress:
“We need to eliminate barriers and change the story. Publications such as this can help.”
- Prof Tanvi Banerjee, Wright State University
- Dr Bipasha Baruah, The University of Western Ontario
- Prof Catherine Beaudry, Polytechnique de Montréal
- Prof Maria Bergemann, Max Planck Institute for Astronomy
- Prof Elisa Bertino, Purdue University
- Prof Diana Brydon, St. John's College University of Manitoba
- Dr Isabelle J Dionne, Université de Sherbrooke
- Dr Cornelia Fermüller, University of Maryland at College Park
- Professor Andreana Haley, University of Texas
- Prof Joy Hirsch, Yale School of Medicine
- Dr Julie Hlavacek-Larrondo, Université de Montréal
- Prof Céline M. Lévesque, The University of Hong Kong
- Danie Meyer Parlapanis, University of Konstanz and Dr Mareike Augsberger, University of Zurich
- Dr Audrey Moores, McGill University
- Zahra M. K. Moussavi, University of Manitoba
- Prof Olfa Nasraoui, University of Louisville
- Dr Chloe N. Poston & Dr Medeva Ghee, The Leadership Alliance
- Prof Jennifer Rowsell, Brock University
Contact details: Emma Feloy, Editorial Director: firstname.lastname@example.org