- Deadline: 15 April 2019
Individual fellowships for scholars with a non-Dutch affiliation, who wish to work on an individual project for 5 or 10 months. These fellowships are by application. The call for individual fellowships for the academic year 2020/21 is NOW OPEN.
Who can apply?
NIAS individual Fellowships are awarded to scholars to carry out advanced research in the humanities and the social sciences.
In order to be considered eligible for a fellowship by NIAS, the following criteria and rules are applicable:
• At least 3 years of post-Ph.D. degree academic experience
• The proposal should be related to the field of Humanities and Social Sciences
• The research proposal should be original (and not an amended version of an application previously rejected by NIAS)
• Applicants must have an affiliation with a university or research institute during the period of the fellowship. Guest researchers and researchers with a so called ‘nul-aanstelling’ (‘zero-hours contract’) are not eligible for application. The NIAS Fellowship does not constitute an employment relationship: the fellow is and remains an employee of his or her own university or research institute. NIAS is thus not obligated to make social insurance contributions or to contribute to pension or unemployment insurances
• Applicants can only apply for either an individual fellowship or a theme-group fellowship in a single year, not for both
• If applicants were granted with an earlier fellowship at NIAS, they can apply for a new fellowship 10 years after finishing the first fellowship
• A completed online application form with all requested documents uploaded