ORGANISERGerman Center for Research and Innovation (DWIH) New York
PLEASE NOTE: Falling Walls Lab New York has been canceled,
and potential applicants are encouraged to submitt their entries to FWL Boston.
Falling Walls Labs returns this year to New York, allowing applicants to pitch their innovative idea in three minutes, with the winner going to the finals in Berlin, Germany on November 7th, 2021. The virtual format allows registrants to make their pitch online to the jury in New York City.
Apply by August 1st. The New York lab will be held on September 16th.
Present your research project, business plan or social initiative – in just three minutes on three slides – to a jury. Get involved in exciting discussions and network with fellow innovators and experts from different disciplines.
The winner of this pitch contest will:
- Travel to Berlin, Germany (travel & accommodation covered)
- Pitch their idea in the Falling Walls Lab Finale in Berlin on November 7, 2021
- Attend the Falling Walls Conference (November 7th-9th) , where leaders from science, industry, and policy-making meet and discuss which walls will fall next in science and society.
- Receive $500 towards visiting a Research Institute of your choice sponsored by EURAXESS North America
- Participate in the extended Falling Walls Lab program and take a workshop on science publishing or pitch training
- Access an “Insights into German Research” science excursion.
- Go on inspiring braindates with other Falling Walls Conference participants.
- Increase their innovative project’s global reach and visibility with a pitch video in the Falling Walls content library.
- Join the global Falling Walls community platform Falling Walls Connect.
Given the online format, we encourage researchers from anywhere in North America to apply!