The Delegation of the European Union to the United States is hiring a Research & Innovation Policy Assistant. This position and the twelve-person Global Issues & Innovation Section as a whole work closely with EURAXESS North America, representing a great opportunity for EURAXESS members.
As a key member of the GIN Section, the successful candidate will be under the supervision and responsibility of the Research and Innovation Counsellor in the Global Issues and Innovation section and will be assigned the following duties and tasks:
- Monitoring and reporting on US research and innovation policy developments;
- Contribution to the stimulation of EU-US research cooperation;
- Coordination of outreach activities, including in-person and virtual events;
- Establish and promote contacts with relevant stakeholders in the US Administration, Congress, US research community, think tanks and civil society;
- Act as Secretariat for the EU Science Counselors’ Group;
- Organisation, support and reporting of visits from Headquarters;
- Diary planning and assistance in other general tasks for the R&I team;
- Backup to the section's Research and Innovation Counselor.
EURAXESS members with a good understanding of the European research and innovation ecosystem and policies are highly encouraged to apply.
The diplomatic mission is based in Washington, DC, and the position will begin temporarily remote. Note that as a local agent position, the applicant must have existing U.S. work authorization (U.S. citizenship, permanent residency [green card], relevant work visa, et cetera) because this position does not include visa sponsorship.
Deadline: 12:00 noon (EDT) on Friday, October 22nd, 2021.
Continue to read the official job by clicking the button below to learn about benefits, salary, and more.