- Deadline: 15 June 2019
VIP2 is a three-year postdoctoral fellowship program that is open to candidates with backgrounds in biology, chemistry, physics, medicine, engineering, computer science, and bioinformatics. VIP2 will have three international calls and recruit 45 fellows (15 in each call). Fellows will select a main research group and academic mentor according to their specific project and will be supported by a second mentor that can come from the VBC biotech sector or from our alumni network. VIP2 fosters scientific independence by selecting people whose projects have the potential to develop into distinct research lines, and by providing access to scientific support facilities at their host institution and at the VBC Core Facilities.
Beyond offering an outstanding research environment, VIP2 will boost the existing training offerings by implementing a structured training and career development program under the principle "Inform, Inspire, Innovate."
The VIP2 structured training program encompasses:
- A research culture where scientific excellence and rigour are the goals
- Effective mentoring and career planning through two-mentor scheme
- Coaching and mentoring by the VIP2 Advisory Board (VAB)
- A broad training program on research-related and transferable skills
- Introduction of a secondment scheme in the postdoctoral training
- Exposure to diverse academic and non-academic sectors
- Introduction to a diverse network of renowned professionals