The ALLODD project is a collaboration between 13 academic and industrial organizations with 14 ESR/PhD students in total. The aim of ALLODD is to train a new generation of scientists to exploit the concept of allostery in drug design, putting together a whole array of technologies to identify and characterize allosteric modulators of protein function that will be applied to therapeutically relevant systems.
We provide a structured 3-year cutting-edge Research/PhD training programme in and beyond the fields of physical chemistry of biological systems, theoretical and computational chemistry, biological chemistry, biochemistry, targeted drug delivery/discovery and medicinal chemistry, in the following highly reputed organisations:
- BIOMEDICAL RESEARCH FOUNDATION ACADEMY OF ATHENS (BRFAA), Cournia Lab Greece
- UNIVERSITY OF VIENNA (UNIVIE), Rademacher Lab, Austria
- UNIVERSITAT DE BARCELONA (UB), Barril Lab, Spain
- UNIVERSITAT DE BARCELONA (UB), Curutchet Lab, Spain
- FORSCHUNGSZENTRUM JULICH GMBH (FZJ), Rossetti Lab, Germany
- CHARITE – UNIVERSITAETSMEDIZIN BERLIN (Charité), Scheerer Lab, Germany
- TERMESZETTUDOMANYI KUTATOKOZPONT/Research Center for Natural Sciences (RCNS), Keserű Lab, Hungary
- LEIBNIZ-RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR MOLECULAR PHARMACOLOGY (FMP) in FORSCHUNGSVERBUND BERLIN EV (FVB), Nazaré Lab, Germany
- KAROLINSKA INSTITUTET (KI), Zubarev Lab, Sweden
- HEPTARES THERAPEUTICS LIMITED (Heptares), United Kingdom
- UNIVERSITE DE STRASBOURG (Unistra), Cecchini Lab, France
- MERCK HEALTHCARE KGAA (Merck), Germany
- JANSSEN PHARMACEUTICA NV (Janssen), Belgium
- UNIVERSITY OF URBINO (UNIURB),Bottegoni Lab, Italy
We are looking for highly motivated and talented researchers at the beginning of their carrier that are interested in the aforementioned scientific fields based on the specific requirements noted below for each position. Excellent command of spoken and written English, communication skills as well as team spirit are essential.
The following eligibility rules apply for participation in a Marie Skłodowska Curie Innovative Training Network:
Applicants must be in the first 4 years after obtaining their Master's degree and/or Bachelor’s degree and must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the host country for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the recruitment date. In addition, local regulations of the host countries may apply. The salary is based on standard living, mobility and family allowances which are adapted to the respective country of recruitment.
We are offering a competitive, interdisciplinary environment with a track record of intense mutual collaboration. In addition to the individual training-through-research, our programme includes further elements such as workshops, summer schools, internships and secondments to the partners’ laboratories.
Find below all the available ESR/PhD positions by accessing the call website below.
Deadlines vary. The earliest starting date will be 1 November 2021. The latest will be 1 September 2023.