The Martí i Franquès COFUND Doctoral Fellowships Programme (MFP) is a redesign of the existing MF programme, offering 100 doctoral contracts (in four editions: 2017, 2018 and 2020, 2021) at the Universitat Rovira i Virgili (URV). The programme is uniquely shaped to offer the best training stemming from the "triple i" principles of the Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions: international, interdisciplinary and intersectorial.
In order to achieve these goals, we combine leading research groups at URV with scientific partners from world-class institutions, such that the candidates are be exposed to interdisciplinary training as well as mentoring from the industrial sector.
The positions are based on individual projects encompassing all areas of research at URV: Sciences, Health Sciences, Arts and Humanities, Engineering, Social and Legal Sciences. Prospective candidates can find the full list of projects.
In order to be eligible for any of the MFP fellowships, candidates must meet the following criteria:
Comply with the MSCA mobility rule:
The candidate must not have resided or carried out their main activity in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before call deadline (06/09/2021).
- Comply with the ESR eligibility criteria:
- Early-stage researchers (ESR) shall at call deadline (06/09/2021) be in the first 4 years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and have not been awarded a doctoral degree.
- Full-time equivalent research experience is measured from the date when a researcher obtained the degree which would formally entitle him or her to embark on a doctorate, either in the country in which the degree was obtained or in the country in which the researcher is recruited or seconded, irrespective of whether or not a doctorate is or was ever envisaged.
- If you hold more than one Master's degrees, the first one counts for complying with the ESR rules.
- Comply with the conditions for PhD enrollment at URV
- Hold a Spanish Bachelor's degree, or equivalent, and a Master's degree, or equivalent, and have achieved a minimum of 300 ECTS summing up both degrees
- OR Hold a degree from another country in the EEES which grants access to a Master's degree and have achieved a minimum of 300 ECTS credits in university studies of which at least 60 must be at Master's level
- OR Hold of a qualification obtained in accordance with foreign educational systems without the need for official recognition, having previously confirmed with the university that this qualification accredits a level of training equivalent to the official Spanish university Master's degree and that it would serve as a means of access to a PhD in the country in which it was awarded.
For the 2021 edition, there are 24 research projects on offer, for 20 positions.
One of the fellowships is exclusively reserved for candidates with disabilities. ONLY they can participate, and all candidates that cannot prove their disability via an official certificate will be rejected. Candidates can choose among the 5 research projects identified with the disability icon, and only the best candidate will be financed. In case no candidate meets the requirements of the programme, the position will be declared void.
Deadline: 6 September 2021.