Biodiversa+, the European Biodiversity Partnership, is pleased to announce that its BiodivMon Call for Transnational Research Proposals on “Improved transnational monitoring of biodiversity and ecosystem change for science and society” is now open.
This call aims to support transnational research projects (3-years duration) addressing one or more of the three (non-exclusive) themes below:
- THEME 1 – Innovation and harmonization of methods and tools for collection and management of biodiversity monitoring data
- THEME 2 – Addressing knowledge gaps on biodiversity status, dynamics, and trends to reverse biodiversity loss
- THEME 3 – Making use of available biodiversity monitoring data
Projects combining aspects from several themes are encouraged. The projects funded by this call should allow us to better characterize, understand and report on the state and trends of biodiversity.
The call covers all environments, i.e. terrestrial, freshwater and marine in Europe and beyond.
Research teams will be invited to form transnational research consortia with eligible research partners from minimum 3 different countries participating in the call and requesting support from at least three different Funding Organisations(including minimum two different EU Member States or EU Associated Countries).
Proposals have to be exclusively written in English.
Looking for a partner or a project to join? Use the Biodiversa+ Partner Search Tool available here.
Get ready by consulting:
- The Biodiversa+ Stakeholder Engagement Handbook (for more information on stakeholder engagement in funded projects)
- The Biodiversa+ Policy Guide (for more information on policy relevance of research proposals, and for engagement of policy stakeholders)
- The Biodiversa+ Citizen Science toolkit (for more information on how to engage citizens in your research projects)
- The Biodiversa+ Data Management Guide (for more information on how to write and develop your data management plan with a focus on making your data and publications as open as possible)
Brazil is the only participating country from Latin America and the Caribbean in this call, together with European and worldwide countries. The full up-to-date list of participating funding organisation joining this Call as well as their reserved budgets is available on the Biodiversa+ website.
Please note that each research Partner in a project must comply with the eligibility criteria and rules of its national/regional funding organisation.
- Deadline for submission of pre-proposals: 9 November 2022;
- Deadline for submission of full proposals: 5 April 2023;
- Deadline for starting projects: from 1 December 2023 to 1 April 2024.