The candidate will be screened and employed based on the procedure "Leading Initiative for Excellent Young Researchers (LEADER)"by MEXT. (http://www.mext.go.jp/a_menu/jinzai/takuetsu/index.htm)
For this job opening, Hiroshima University invites applications for one full-time assistant professor (tenure-track) position in Transportation Engineering/Transportation Planning as "Leading Initiative for Excellent Young Researchers (LEADER)" selected by MEXT.
[Number of Positions Available, Areas of Research and Institution]
(1) Job classification: Assistant Professor (tenure-track)
(2) Areas of Research: Transportation Engineering or Transportation Planning
(3) Affiliation (Appointment): Academy of Hiroshima University (Department of Development Technology, Graduate School for International Development and Cooperation)
[Address of work location and other information]
The workplace will be located on the Higashi-Hiroshima campus.
[Number of positions]
December 1, 2019 (Applicants should be able to begin working immediately after December 1, 2019, and no later than the end of the Japanese fiscal year 2019.)
(1)Term of Appointment
1)Period of employment: Five (5) years. Applicants should be able to begin working immediately after December 1, 2019, and no later than the end of the Japanese fiscal year 2019.
2)No reappointment or extension of employment will be offered. However, tenure-track faculty members will undergo a tenure review within six (6) months prior to completion of the term of appointment, and those who have successfully passed the review process will be granted tenure.
1)A monthly salary system will be applied to the successful applicant.
2)Various types of insurance (health, mutual aid pension fund, unemployment, and accident compensation) are available to an assistant professor of Hiroshima University.
(1) The employment conditions and regulations of Hiroshima University shall apply as deemed appropriate.
(2) The workplace will be located on the Higashi-Hiroshima campus.
(3) A discretionary working-hour system is in place for professional work. This means an assistant professor can manage their own working hours, although formal working hours are considered to be 7 hours, 45 minutes a day.
(4) A maternity and childcare leave system will be applied.
1) Employer: Hiroshima University
2) Probationary employment period: six (6) months (Hiroshima University Work Regulations for Employees)
Application deadline: 30 September