Objective of the programme
The objective of the Polish Returns (Polish: Polskie Powroty) programme is to enable Polish scientists to return to their country and take up employment in Polish higher education institutions or research units. The programme will create optimal conditions for returning scientists to conduct in Poland world-class research and/or development work. Funds obtained as part of the Polish Returns programme will facilitate offering the returning scientists remuneration at a European level and will facilitate the forming of a project group (research team). Polish higher education institutions and research units will draw in specialists with international experience and expertise on the latest research in their respective disciplines.
To whom is the programme addressed?
The programme is addressed to the scientists who:
- a. have Polish citizenship;
- b. hold at least a PhD degree;
- c. are not employed in Poland at the time of submitting the application;
- d. return to the country after at least two years of documented employment at a higher education institution abroad/research or scientific institute/research department of a foreign enterprise based outside of Poland;
- e. are scientifically active, which means that they have conducted research, didactic or other scientific activity during their stay outside Poland for at least two full years (in the period counted from the beginning of 2014). Allowances can be made for the possibility of interruptions in scientific activity during the two-year stay abroad (e.g. in connection with maternity leave, parental leave, fortuitous events, unforeseeable circumstances, etc).
What is NAWA financing under the programme?
The programme is financing:
- remuneration of the returning scientist (for a period of 36-48 months) along with employer costs;
- remuneration for two members of the project group (for a period of 36-48 months) along with employer costs;
- costs of relocation;
- cost of adaptation of the workplace.
NAWA will provide the financing of projects for the duration of 36 to 48 months limited to a maximum amount of PLN 2,175,000 per project.
Application deadline: 31 May 2018
Further information: NAWA
Application: NAWA ICT system