START DATE09/07/2018 - 09:30
END DATE12/07/2018 - 16:15
GRANTS IN PRACTICE 2018
The most comprehensive MSCA IF and ERC grant proposal writing workshop to ever take place in Japan, 9-10 July Tokyo, 11-12 July Osaka, limited seats.
Full programme and registration here: bit.do/GIP2018Japan
WHAT'S THIS ABOUT?
The Grants In Practice event series brings in professional trainers from Europe to provide here in Japan, directly to you, training on grant proposal writing. In 2018 we focus exclusively on the two main EU grant schemes for individual researcher mobility:
- MSCA IF: for young or experienced researchers, 1-2 years research stays in Europe; and
- ERC: for excellent reserchers looking for generous funding to setup their own team in Europe.
WHERE AND WHEN?
This year, we propose four full days of training:
- 9 July, EU Delegation Tokyo: MSCA IF training
- 10 July, EU Delegation Tokyo: ERC training
- 11 July, KANDAI MeRISE Osaka: MSCA IF training
- 12 July, KANDAI MeRise Osaka: ERC training
WHO CAN ATTEND?
Students and researchers of any nationality, seniority level and discipline; or research managers/administrators. Participation is 100% free, but we ask that all participants engage themselves as actively aspossible in the process of applying to one of the two grants schemes, as the training will include interactive exercises. We look forward to receiving as many dynamic researchers as possible, but seats are limited: please make sure to attend if you register!
We also propose other events which may be of interest to researchers looking to apply to MSCA IF or ERC grants:
- For your science communication skills (important for both ERC and MSCA IF proposals): Falling Walls Lab Tokyo 2018, 12 May Univ. Tokyo
- For your understanding of Open Science (important especially for MSCA IF): ERN2018#3 'Science in the Open', 24 May Tokyo
- For Nagoya-based researchers interested in getting an overview on both grants before attending the training: EURAXESS seminar at Nagoya University, 20 June
ADDRESSKANDAI MeRISE (Umeda); EU Delegation (Hiroo)