Scholarships are available for master's and ph.d. students in order to enable them to study or carry out research at a Danish university or a similar institution of higher education in Denmark, in the domain of Danish studdies, humanities or social sciences.
In the selection process, the Danish Agency for Science and Higher Education will give priority to candidates:
- Who motivate their choice of a specific research programme or field of study through its relation to Danish language, culture or other Danish areas of expertise. Successful applicants will describe the Danish dimension in their choice of studies or research when applying in fields such as: design, music, architecture, welfare, environmental studies, etc.
- Who are nominated by a lecturer who teaches Danish in their home country. Applicants should include a reference from the lecturer in their application.
- Who study Danish or Scandinavian languages and literature.
- Who refer to an internationally acclaimed lecturer at the desired Danish host institution with whom they would like to study.
- Who have contacted the desired Danish host university and received an invitation from a lecturer to conduct studies or research there.
- Who study at a partner university or institution of the desired Danish host university.
What is funded
The following scholarships are available for nationals from Japan:
- Scholarships for 5-12 months for ph.d. students.
- Scholarships for 5-10 months for master's students
55 months in total are reserved for students from Japan each academic year. Unused months will not be carried over to the application round for the following academic year.
5 to 12 months.
Please note you are ineligible for a scholarship if:
- You are already enrolled or planning to enroll in a full degree,joint degree, or double degree programme in Denmark. Full, joint, and double degree students are not considered exchange students and are ineligible for scholarships.
- You are not currently enrolled in, or conducting research at, an institution of higher education in your home country.
- You intend to pursue studies at a bachelor’s level during your stay in Denmark in fields other than Danish language and literature.
- You plan to conduct studies or research on a part-time, rather than a full-time, basis.
Call information: ufm.dk
Call deadline: 1 March 2018