- Maintain and develop the research network and computing infrastructure of LIACS
- Interact with computer science researchers to introduce innovation to the LIACS computing landscape
- Support the scientific use of the LIACS computing facilities
- Interact with computing and systems specialists of the Faculty and the University.
We offer a full-time permanent position for initially one year. After a positive evaluation, the appointment will be extended to a regular position. Salary range from € 3.746 - to € 5.127 gross per month (pay scale 11 in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities).
Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses (8.3 %), training and career development and sabbatical leave. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break.
Leiden University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from members of underrepresented groups. We wish to reflect society both in age, gender and culture, as we believe that this would optimize the dynamics in our organization. Therefore, we support and understand the need for a work/life/family balance and consequent varying working hours and places. In the Netherlands, a maternity allowance is standard for 16 weeks. Childcare is available at and near the Bio Science Park.
To apply for this vacancy, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org When applying, please use the following subject: “vacancy number – your name”. Please ensure that you attach the following additional documents, quoting the vacancy number:
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Motivation letter including one paragraph that demonstrates the candidate's affinity with working in a computer science research environment
- A one page description of the most challenging piece of software that you have developed
- Names for two reference letters
- Optional link to public code repository (e.g., GitHub) or example of written code base.
Only applications received no later than 31 October 2020 can be considered.
For more details, click here.