The Strategic Research Programme for Diabetes (SRP Diabetes) at Karolinska Institutet is funding a prestigious fellowship programme for postdoctoral research fellows. With this postdoctoral programme SRP Diabetes aims to support the next generation of exceptional young scientists within the diabetes area, including both experimental and clinical research. To promote cross-fertilization between research environments, we encourage scientists wishing to pursue postdoctoral training in a different university from where they carried out doctoral studies.
As part of this programme, they are looking to recruit 5 outstanding postdoctoral research fellows. The fellowships are fully funded, and salary is provided for a 2-year period. If contingent funding is secured by the SRP Diabetes Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme, Principal Investigators together with the Fellows will be able to apply for a one-year extension of the Fellowship. The intention is that the positions will start in the autumn of 2021, though some flexibility with the start date might be possible.
The following 5 projects are available (please click on the link for details of each projects):
- Prinicipal Investigators: Niklas Mejhert and Mikael Rydén; Project Title: Adipocyte heterogeneity - a novel determinant of insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes.
- Principal Investigator: Jaakko Patrakka; Project Title: Identification of reno-protective molecular signatures in diabetic nephropathy using single cell transcriptomics.
- Principal Investigator: Jorge Ruas; Project Title: TRAIN, a novel target in non-alcoholic fatty liver disease.
- Principal Investigator: Ning Xu Landén; Project Title: Mitochondria-encoded circular RNAs in diabetic foot ulcers.
- Prinicipal Investigator: Juleen Zierath; Project Title: Circadian control of mitochondrial metabolism in type 2 diabetes.
Deadline for Application
The closing date for applications is midnight CEST on Sunday 6 June 2021.
More information: If you have any questions about the programme, please do not hesitate to contact Håkan Karlsson (firstname.lastname@example.org).